1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mings 3Band Preamp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by BluesFunk, Jun 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. BluesFunk

BluesFunk

Feb 4, 2017
    Australia
    Hi Guys

I'm on my next project.
    I am currently trying to wire up a Mings 3 Band preamp into my Ibanez 1205 Soundgear (1994) bass. I still have the two humbucking soapbar ADX5's which have been tested and are working fine. I have the output/input jack wired up correctly.
    I have the PUPs hot wires (white) connected to the middle lugs on the blend pot, neck to top lug and bridge to bottom lug as instructed.
    I've tried wiring the live (red) wires of both PUPs to the live (red) wire of the battery terminal and also to the (red) wire on the jack and both ways has no result or no sound. I have both ground wires of the PUPs soldered to the volume pot together to avoid ground loop, but have no sound whatsoever. So @%@%@ frustrating!
    Any advice or help would be so much appreciated. I need this bass up and working as my back up bass.
    Cheers from Down Under Australia.

2. The +9v shouldn't be connected to the jack. It's the negative side of the battery that is earthed through the jack.

Have you tested the battery? If you've shorted it, it may be dead. And you may have cooked something else.

Also check that you have the blend pot wired correctly. You'll need a multimeter to do this. If you have the earth and signal wires mixed up, you'll have silence when it is centred.

G'day from Melbourne!

3. BluesFunk

BluesFunk

Feb 4, 2017
    Australia
    How ya going
    Yea I got it sorted...I have it wired as supposed too and I was confused as to why it wouldnt go...I pulled the pups out and realized that I had put them in back to front, the neck in bridge position and vice versa with the bridge, plus I had the bridge back to front, switched them around and Voila! lol...Cheers buddy from Brizee

4. :thumbsup:

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 13, 2021