1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mini "AMPEG"?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by oneforyes, Jun 4, 2014.

1. oneforyes

oneforyes

Jun 16, 2013
    Small Amplifier called THUNDER BASS from HOTONE

Watch this

✪ Sound inspired by Legendary Ampeg SVT*

really?

but i would say from the video, it sounds pretty well

bluesdogblues likes this.
  2. I saw these at a shop in Taipei recently, as well as Hotone's micro-pedals. Alas, didn't have time to try any. Thanks for the clip.

3. bluesdogblues

bluesdogblues

Nov 13, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2014
  4. oneforyes

oneforyes

Jun 16, 2013
  5. High Camp

High Camp

Oct 3, 2013
    Netherlands
    It's a nice little thing!
    However, it is a 5 watt solid state amp, which is not very much.
    Better to have a BA108 or BA110, about the same pricing, with a cab!
    (and a bit more power. That's the thing with You Tube videos, one can only judge the tone, but never the volume)

6. TheDialog

TheDialog Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Baltimore
    Price?

7. High Camp

High Camp

Oct 3, 2013
    Netherlands
    EUR 119,00 for the amp in Europe (Thomann).

8. bluesdogblues

bluesdogblues

Nov 13, 2007
    Perhaps..but how if...(just imagine it)...use bunch of them in pararell onstage? LOL...say 6 of them together.....it'd be interesting right? :D

9. oneforyes

oneforyes

Jun 16, 2013
    interesting!:rolleyes::whistle:

10. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I can see this amp perfect for practice .... i.e with headphone and aux in ......

I think for the price of this amp it is better then the vox headphone amp since they fall around the same price range.

11. bluesdogblues

bluesdogblues

Nov 13, 2007
    Are you sure?

12. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    Maybe if you had 60 of them... It's 5 watts. I really can't think of anything this might be useful for outside of bedroom practice. And as someone else mentioned, you can get a 15 or 30'watt combo for around the same price.

More than likely this was thrown into the mix to go with their 5 watt GUITAR amps, which actually CAN be useful. But it's really nothing more than a novelty.

Sent from my iPad using TalkBass

13. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I'm in UK the Vox headphone amp cost around £79-£99. This is the headphone version, not the amplug version. This Hotone Thunder Bass can be purchase from Thomann for £93-£99.

14. bluesdogblues

bluesdogblues

Nov 13, 2007
    Vox AmPlug for Bass shouldn't be that expensive. In Amazon for example, it's 'only' $50. But even at that price, the HotOne is far better. Only I think they're designed for different purpose, which not apple to apple comparison.

15. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    I was not referring to the amplug version, I was referring to the headphone version which cost more then the amplug version. Is the version where you plug the headphone to your bass. Yes they are different purpose but I would rather have the hotone thunder bass then the Vox headphone. Then again I rather have put more and have a Phil Jones Bass buddy for instead.

This is what I talking about:

http://www.soundsliveshop.com/p/Vox...N2bX4O6DAv3CsT00TWfBHVblYwUy7BJin05Uhi5bw_wcB

16. bluesdogblues

bluesdogblues

Nov 13, 2007
    Funny to compare a 'bass amp' (HotOne) with a 'headphones'

17. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Well yes I was comparing the 2, but only with the price tag. I rather have the Hotone bass amp for the price. I should be comparing the Hotone with the phil jones bass buddy. I much prefer the PJB instead. Simply it pumps out more power, much feature and can be use as a pre-amp.

18. bluesdogblues

bluesdogblues

Nov 13, 2007
    No you shouldn't either.
    Nano Legacy HotOne = £93.43 = $157.09
    Phil Jones Bass Buddy = $435

19. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Sorry man, I should of made it clear. I was comparing the Hotone with the vox headphone by price, but I was comparing the Hotone and PJB by fucntion and similarity.

Don't get me wrong, the Hotone look and sound like a great product for the price, but for me I would prefer the PJB because it offers more and I would put my hard earn cash on that instead.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2014