1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mini (and I mean MINI!) practice amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dave64o, Nov 18, 2002.

1. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I've seen mini amps like the Smokey, the Fender Mini-Tone, the Marshall MS-2, the Vox AC-1, etc., but the few models I've seen out there all seem to be for guitar. Has anyone seen something like these for bass? I did use the search function first but all I could find were headphones amps, like the Pandora.

The features I'm looking for are :

- Runs on battery power. Having the ability to also run on an AC adapter is OK, but not a requirement.

- Has a built in speaker. Having a headphone jack is OK, but not a requirement.

- Something sized so I can stick it in a drawer when not in use, like the g****r mini amps I mentioned above. I don't really have a place to stow a typical practice amp where I plan to use it.

The idea is to be able to bring just my bass up from the basement without having to disconnect and bring up any other gear. For $25-$35 I guess I COULD try one of the ones I mentioned since I could always use them on g****r, but I'm thinking a bass would be too much for them.

Anyone have any ideas?