Mini (and I mean MINI!) practice amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dave64o, Nov 18, 2002.

1. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    I've seen mini amps like the Smokey, the Fender Mini-Tone, the Marshall MS-2, the Vox AC-1, etc., but the few models I've seen out there all seem to be for guitar. Has anyone seen something like these for bass? I did use the search function first but all I could find were headphones amps, like the Pandora.

The features I'm looking for are :

- Runs on battery power. Having the ability to also run on an AC adapter is OK, but not a requirement.

- Has a built in speaker. Having a headphone jack is OK, but not a requirement.

- Something sized so I can stick it in a drawer when not in use, like the g****r mini amps I mentioned above. I don't really have a place to stow a typical practice amp where I plan to use it.

The idea is to be able to bring just my bass up from the basement without having to disconnect and bring up any other gear. For $25-$35 I guess I COULD try one of the ones I mentioned since I could always use them on g****r, but I'm thinking a bass would be too much for them.

Anyone have any ideas?