Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mini Bass Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by monkeylover009, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Anyone know where or if ya can get a mini bass amp that you can clip unto strap?
    Ive only been able to find guitar ones!

2. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

I don't think there is any for bass. You can try that little Pignose guitar amp and keep the volume low.

3. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    Just use the guitar ones if that's what you want. There's no need to make a special "bass" unit, since the speakers are so small and can't reproduce any low end anyway . . .

4. konfishily

konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    yea these guys are right. I have that marshall microstack, which i bought several years ago. I tryed it with bass. You can use it, but it sounds crappy and distorts at higher volume. especially with overdrive (duh).

5. Got To Groove

Got To Groove Guest

Jun 14, 2005
    phil jones breifcase....u cant attatch it to a strap....but u can make some device so that u can carry it on u.....

6. Ooooh! I know I know!
    bugger cant find the product name - flying today so will get back to you in 36 hours if nobody posts the answer beforehand

7. 4x4Given

4x4Given

Jul 2, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Here's a few....

The Rockman Bass Ace ($79)
    [​IMG]

Dean Markley Bass In A Box ($39)
    [​IMG]

C Tech Pocket Rock-It ($49)
    [​IMG]

NOTE - The headphones that come with these are terrible. Toss them and get a good set of cans. http://www.headphone.com is an excellent reference for what's good and what isn't.

I have one similar to these that's even smaller (can't remember the name) and ran about $29. These are all headphones only, for which I use Sennhieser PX100's. They are WONDERFUL for practicing / playing.

I carry mine in my case and warm up with it when the sound guys are getting everything / everyone hooked up.

8. DWBass

DWBass The Funkfather

Those are cool and I own a Pocket Rock-It but I think he wanted an actual amp with a speaker.