Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

MINI CTG Detroit Wed, 7/8

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by burk48237, Jul 1, 2005.

1. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Tombowlus will be meeting any of us who are interested at Low Down Sound around 4:30-5:00 Pm Wed. JULY 6th. He'll be bringing his new Sadowsky and Skjold basses for us to check out, G will be there with his new Carvin 6 and K with his NYC 4 (Sadowsky) and Celender and maybe more. I'll probably bring my Buzz and New (used) NYC Sad. 5. Add that to LDS's inventory and it's going to be a chance to check out some really cool stuff with Brews and dinner after at a local eatery! Tom says first round is on him, all the more reason to come! :D

Look forward to seeing you guy's and bring some more unique axes? James BONGO? etc.

Steve B-feel free to PM me with any questions. :hyper:

2. AcousticBass

AcousticBass

May 28, 2005
    Man that sucks i get my license like a week after that, i would definitly go there if i had my license, idk i still might be able to make it, i doubt it though.

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    I'll be there, but it'll probably be 6ish...?

That's kinda too late though right? Also, is there any >18 year old friendly places to eat?

4. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    6 will probably be fine, we'll try on the 18 year old friendly, that time of day we should be OK. Pm if you want my number to finalize plans.

5. Mike (Mikebass) will be out of town that week, so I'm wondering if we should reschedule. I'll be there anyway, since I seem to make it down there every Wed. I'll PM Tom and see what he wants to do.

6. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I realize that and I wish he could be there, but quite a few people have already committed. We're still going to try to put a "real" one together on a weekend in early Augest after the Namm show.

7. Just doublechecking, thread says 7/8, pm says 7/7, first post says 7/6, its actually this wed, 7/6 right? 4:30?

Randy

8. burk48237

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Yep, MY BAD, HAD A JUNE CALENDAR in front of me when I did about 20 pm's

9. Thanks for the invite! I'm up North this week enjoying a little R & R but will for sure make the August GTC.

10. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    It's 5:30 and I'm still at work for a while.....looks like I can't make it. Thanx for the invite and please let me know ehn the next one will be.

11. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    Blahhh, stuck in class all day. But class will be over in august, so be sure to PM me if we get a "real" one together. Hopefully we can do some grillin or something at somebody's house. I'd offer up my place, but I live in a one bedroom apartment, and, somehow, i don't think the neighbors would enjoy an earthquake.

12. Thor

Thor Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Burke, I will probably be up there again in August on biz,
    but it won't be a weekend. Will PM when I book the ticket.
    Likely a Tueday or Wednesday night.

How about a couple of pops and shoot the guff?
    Same place, Memphis Smoke in Royal Oak ( I can find that now) though I think 21+ is the drill there ...

Would like to see the Madman, Malthumb and Mike again,
    and meet some new faces as well.

T