Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mini Digital Studio Shootout...

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by mz91, Feb 26, 2003.

1. mz91

mz91

Apr 19, 2002
    Zug, Switzerland
    I am in the market for a 4-8 Track recorder that i can use to record songs with. I need one that is reasonably priced and is good quality. I just glanced over the prices here in switzerland and boss tascam and fostex look to have what im looking for. i just wanted to ask if anyone wanted to share any recommendations in this market section. if any one has any dislikes or likes about either boss tascam or fostex please share.

2. Johnalex

Johnalex

Jul 20, 2001
    South Carolina
    I always recomend fostex. Just remember to take in part if you want to do any transfering to computer. MAke sure it has a DIGITAL output that is compatible with your computer. Analog outs really are to much of a hasle for the bad sound they have.

I really enjoy my fostex. I mainly use it to record at places my computer can't go. I also use it as a mixer into the computer. Beofre the computer it was a great machine. I would recomend one to anyone. I have a Fostex VF-16

3. doctorfinger

doctorfinger

Jan 31, 2003
    USA
    I'm looking at the tascam 788.... any input on this model

4. Ditto on the Fostex. I love mine. I've got an ADAT XT 20 gathering dust now.