Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

mini FENDER bass (picture inside)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by nickcore, Aug 5, 2002.

1. nickcore

nickcore

Aug 4, 2002
    Guys! here is the same question, but now you can see pictures of this bass guitar!!!

pictures of the mini bass

Mini Fender bass-guitar???
    Guys! I really need help. One of my friends (I am from Russia) has recently bough a bass - guitar. I haven't yet seen it myself, but he says that this bass guitar was made in Japan and that it looks like a regular electric guitar (the neck, and it has frets like the usual rythm guitar), but anyway it is written that it is Fender, and it has serial number.
    I tried to search in the Internet, but I didn't find anything about mini bass-guitars Fender.
    Can you please tell me, can it be really min bass-guitar, or it is justa remade regular guitar or smth.
    Because he didn't buy it in a shop, but some guy has sold it to him!!! Than you. Nick

2. ooh.. so cute !!!

i want one !! :D

3. It could be a regular headstock and body with a smaller neck. I'd say just by looking at the grime on the tuning pegs that it's from the early 80's. Very cool though, I'm interested.

4. The body is way too small to be a standard P-bass body. And the Fender logo is spagetti-style - when is this dated from again?

I am trying to figure out the scale length - it almost looks like its only ~24" when you compare with the guitar in the picture.

Hey Nickcore - what is the scale length? Any idea what guage strings are on this?

I think I saw that movie - Honey I shrunk the bass!!

5. That's custom made Fender Precision Piccolo Bass (tuned one octave above normal)
    I dunno when they built it but the bassist of Manowar plays a piccolo bass too