1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mini Filter with Blend??

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TrevorOfDoom, Oct 14, 2017.

1. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    i just joined a wedding/corporate band, and we've got a LOT of 90's R&B, so i'm in the market for an envelope filter.
    However, i'm low on room on my board, so it's gotta be at least regulation size, if not 1590a, which is preferable.
    And i'd like a blend, if possible.
    I've seen the MXR BEF & Aguilar Filter Twin have blends, and both sound all right, but i'm curious what else is out there.
    Saw the Idiotbox Bass-o-Matic, but no demos or reviews.

Any suggestions?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I just recently bought a Mooer Envelope, which is great if you like your filter to sound like it has a blanket over it. And no blend. I know of nothing in a 1590a that's going to give you what you want. I use a Digitech Bass Synth Wah, but it's bigger than those other pedals, though it does have a blend.

3. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Yeah, and i saw the Mooer Sweeper.
    Seemed interesting, though it's a bassballs clone.
    Honestly, i'm hoping @Azure Skies pops up and says he can build a 440 clone with blend in a 1590a. ;)
    The Bass-o-Matic or MXR may honestly be the way to go.

4. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I absolutely love my Broughton Audio Josh Wah. No blend but it has top mount jacks and it's on the smaller side.
    JoshWah

5. spufman

spufman

Feb 7, 2005
    Central CT
    I will always recommend the Xerograph Deluxe. Definitely a versatile box if you know you're a resonant filter sort of human. Has independent clean and filter volumes. With v2 you get a second footswitch for a low pass dubby thud on the fly. Lots of fun and great sounding, worth the cost.

smperry and willsellout like this.
  6. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Go JoshWah - with top jacks it takes up no more room than a 1590a with side jacks. And it's amazing.