Mini Jaco Jazz bass replica

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The Mock Turtle Regulator, May 5, 2003.

1. Dan Molina

Dan Molina TalkBass Secular Progressive

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    it's aweful

a waste of time and construction supplies
  2. I wonder who buys those mini replica guitars- considering they cost $350 upwards.
    businessmen looking for office ornaments?

- ah, that's it- record company fatcats:p
  3. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    No, your spelling is awful. And, who are you to say someone else's art is a waste of time and construction supplies? You could make a better one?

Looks like a pretty good replica, to me, considering it's 15 inches long.

Do I really see a need for one? No, but that doesn't mean it's something I'm going to ridicule.
  4. Dan Molina

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    attack my spelling, boy that hurts (sarcasm)
  5. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    Well, being illiterate isn't something to be proud of. (I’m not saying you are illiterate, but the general idea of not being embarrassed for misspelling a word such as awful pretty much says that you wouldn't care if you are ignorant or not.)
  6. Hmm. I can't say I like it. It's done pretty decently, but just seems a bit silly.
  7. moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    Geez. $400. You could buy a new MIM Jazz for that, couldn't you?
  8. Dan Molina

Jul 17, 2002
    Murr Town, California
    I'd rather nnot start an argument, it was just my though's on it.
  9. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I guess anything goes if you call it art.

I think a full size replica that can be played is a better tribute to Jaco, but that's just me.

To each his own.
  10. Who said it was well done??? The headstock shape isn't even close to the real one... :rolleyes:
  11. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    no matter what the topic is and if it relates to someone or not,there seems to be a need for nasty little remarks. like digs about someone else's spelling or punctuation or conflicting opinions," LET US CLEAN OUT OUR OWN BACKYARD BEFORE WE START COMMENTING ON OUR NEIGHBORS PROPERTY"all those little digs do is cause trouble and i've seen all of us do it ranging from MOD'S,SUPPORTING MEMBERS,REG MEMBERS AND GUESTS doing it, myself included.If you dont like someones opinion of something live with it especially if it does'nt pertain to you specifically. Send them a privete message stating your concerns,who really gains from public attacks?does it make us feel cool to make fun of others? I will speak for m/self when i say i too participated in attacking someone in a public forum,but i appologigized publically and privetely after i realized how stupid I sounded. this is not directed at anyone person it is a little bit of advive for all of us(me included)if this has nothing to do w/you i appologize.;) if you think it might be directed at you,your probably correct so lets treat others as we would like to be treated, if you are angry over what i said respond privetly you know where to find me:)
  12. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    does this thing actually work? or is it just a little doo-hicky for the mantelpiece or cofee table,OR if i gave it to a midget would he be able to rock out " A PORTRAIT OF TRACY" on it ?
  13. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I cant justify paying 400 bux for that but I think its kinda neat. I would love to have a wee little bass to take with me that looked just like my real bass just 1/2 the size.