1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mini Mark vs AER Amp One

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by berniek, Oct 1, 2009.

1. berniek

berniek

Sep 30, 2009
    Is the AER really worth the xtra $ and where can you buy one anyway?

2. berniek

berniek

Sep 30, 2009
    Wow thanks - that was perfect! Wish I could try them side by side of course, but doubt if that will happen. Has anyone done that?

3. I have the Markbass and it is perfect for what I do. I usually have PA support and my current projects don't requier me to be too laud. So I'm pretty much set. I've never tried the AER but one thing I would look at is the ability to add another cab. (Which you can do with the Markbass)

4. Bassflute

Bassflute

Jun 24, 2006
    Vancouver
    Endorsing Artist: MTD basses and strings; Bergantino Amps & Cabs
    The Minimark isn't big enough to play with a drummer, unless they're using brushes. The Amp One is BARELY able to keep up with a drummer.

The Amp One is quite incredible for something so small, but man is it pricey. Also, tonewise, it's kind of a one-trick pony, not nearly as versatile as the Markbass stuff. For that price, you could have a full size but still very light Markbass rig - a 12 or a 15" combo - I'd go for that.

Cheers,
    Cameron

5. I think he's referring to the MiniMark not the MicroMark. In any case I have used my MiniMark with a Blues band, an R&B band and a Latin Rock band. With the R&B band I had PA support.