Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mini & Medium/Mini Tone Monsters

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by boogiebass, Jul 8, 2002.

1. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I've recently been interested in putting together high-end rigs for small rooms that allow my Roscoes, Smith and Modulus to come through without a lot of coloration. I like the Euphonic Audio iAmp 600 for that very reason and have now added a couple of cool little Bergie's that give me a lot of options. For small, restaurant type jobs, the 112 alone. For a somewhat larger room, the 210 alone. For a small/medium room, both cabs. Clean? Definitely. Thanks to TBer Wiley, a righteous dude, for the cool deal on the Bergie 210.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hey boog,

nice rig!!! looks like i've got the lil bro to your setup. :D

[​IMG]

but seriously, how do you like your bergie 2x10??? i've been needing something with more cut with this dense band i've got. how's it fare to other 2x10's and your playing situation?

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Haven't gigged with the 210 yet, joker. Wednesday night should tell the tale. So far, it's cleaner with more clarity and a tighter low-end than my Eden D210XLT but I reserve judgement until I've worked four sets with gear. I'll post on Thursday after Wednesday night's drunk pit job where I plan to run both Bergie's with the EA iAmp and my Roscoe SKB 3007.

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
  5. Golem II

Golem II

Jan 4, 2002
    Macon, GA, USA
    Just wondering, Brad, what is that amp sitting on the EA cabs? I can't read the logo from here.

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Man, them's some fine-lookin' rigs. Stop it.

7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Yep, a Hughes & Kettner BassBase 600.

8. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    A quick update to say that I've still not gigged with the 210 either alone or with the 112. I ended up using my SWR rig (Bass 750 with a Goliath III, in this case) last night. I'll start a new thread about the Bergie 210 after I've had a chance to "road test" that sucker!

9. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    heres my main tone spewin' mini.

10. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    here is my best tone spewin mini....

11. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    You guys are making my GAS for a 2x10 almost unbearable. Donation of Epifani 2x10s and Eden 2x10XLTs are greatly appriciated!

12. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    i love how this thread suddenly became a pissin' contest... umm, well sorta... i guess in a backwards kinda way... "mine's smaller, than yours!" ;)

13. Dean_CustomJazz

Dean_CustomJazz Guest

Jan 23, 2002
    woburn
    i love how it's "mine's smaller than yours" for once