Mini P bass!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The Mock Turtle Regulator, Jul 14, 2002.

1. Flash file at Mike Anthony's site;

It looks better than the mini P bass that Fender Japan did back around 94' - the machineheads seemed too big on that-
    but the Badass bridge looks huge though....

with Gotoh GB7 machineheads it could make a nice travel bass....
  2. wabbit_slayer

Jul 9, 2002
    Awesome that looks sweet!!!
  3. hmm... i suddenly have this vision on the Allobass stingray-Junior and Allobass Jazz-Junior... :D
  4. sbasssman

sbasssman Guest

Jan 1, 2002
    Cool. Anyone know any more about that bass. Was that a one shot deal, or is it a production bass that can be purchased?

<I personally think there's a market for Good small basses for travel and the couch, but most that I find are student craptastics.>
  5. WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    That would be good for teacher if they taught a child or maybe even a parent teaching their kid to play bass.
  6. just stumbled on this pic-

-Sammick "Greg Bennett half size P bass"

7. 21 frets, that's a thoughtful touch.
  8. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Now that I think of it, I just read something about a Fender Mini-P somewhere in Russia...more info when I find it again.
  9. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Stewart MacDonald's used to sell some really sweet little kits to build these. A friend had done one of the 'mini Strats' and the components were pretty good quality. I wish they'd do those again!

10. zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    I really liked the mini Precision from the Entwistle auction.
    Here's a pic:
  11. yep, that looks like the one Fender Japan did around '94.
    I tried one out back then- very neck-heavy.
    obviously very slack string tension hence lots of fretbuzz.

the Samick above turns out to be a mini version of their new Corsair line-

the 2+2 downsized headstock and 21/22frets and 5string versions (full-size ;) ) is interesting.
  12. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

I have one the older Samick mini's. I ostensibly bought it for my daughtter just before she was born...she's two now.....and she does play it, but it is kinda fun . I have even done solo bass shows with (when I come out to "play a little bass for ya"!)

24 1/2" scale; 21 frets...decent pasive PUs...overall it plays really nice. I have it tuned as a tenor (ADGC).up a fourth since it is about 3/4 size!
    in that tuning it sounds and playes really nice.

Other bass players really get a kick out it.
    My daughter has taken to it..and we are able to do some duets (albeit very modern and atonal sounding...but hey, she's still learning..and she's only 2!)

13. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I hope I don't sound stupid or insulting about this, but what's the point of these mini basses? For folks with smaller hands/kids, or do they have an overall different tone to them?