Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mini Q-tron anyone have samples with bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by KB, Mar 7, 2003.

1. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I am considering getting a Mini Q-tron for use as a nice filter for bass. The EHX website has some sounds, but they use guitar. I wanted to know if anyone had any samples of the Mini with a bass?

I am trying to get a nice greasy/juicy filter sound, something similar to Les Claypool's filter sweeps in Purple Onion and Oysterhead. A Mu-tron and full size Q tron are fairly expensive. I have owned the EBS BassIQ and didn't like it (too clean). I have also tried the Line6 FM4 and it was fairly unusable (except for the tron sounds). Thus I am looking at the Mini Q-tron as an option.

Let me know your thoughts. Plus if you have any sound samples of it with a bass, please email to me:

Thanks

-KB

2. *puts on fur coat and huge hat*
    nice clip, so funky. i think i need one..........:D
    *keeps hat and coat on because they look cool*

3. Thanx! :)

4. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Thanks for the clip. I just got the pedal for christmas and I plan to try it out once I get back to my basses
    :bassist:

-KB

5. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    that sounds amazing

6. Thanx a LOT, guys! I really appreciate... I`ve recorded my Yamaha BBN5A to the soundcard through the miniQ & Korg PX3B, then sent it to one guy from Moscow(Russia) & he`s added the guitar