1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mini Q-tron anyone have samples with bass?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by KB, Mar 7, 2003.

1. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I am considering getting a Mini Q-tron for use as a nice filter for bass. The EHX website has some sounds, but they use guitar. I wanted to know if anyone had any samples of the Mini with a bass?

I am trying to get a nice greasy/juicy filter sound, something similar to Les Claypool's filter sweeps in Purple Onion and Oysterhead. A Mu-tron and full size Q tron are fairly expensive. I have owned the EBS BassIQ and didn't like it (too clean). I have also tried the Line6 FM4 and it was fairly unusable (except for the tron sounds). Thus I am looking at the Mini Q-tron as an option.

Let me know your thoughts. Plus if you have any sound samples of it with a bass, please email to me:

Thanks

-KB

2. *puts on fur coat and huge hat*
    nice clip, so funky. i think i need one..........:D
    *keeps hat and coat on because they look cool*

3. Thanx! :)

4. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Thanks for the clip. I just got the pedal for christmas and I plan to try it out once I get back to my basses
    :bassist:

-KB

5. andrewd

andrewd

Sep 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    that sounds amazing

6. Thanx a LOT, guys! I really appreciate... I`ve recorded my Yamaha BBN5A to the soundcard through the miniQ & Korg PX3B, then sent it to one guy from Moscow(Russia) & he`s added the guitar