1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mini Q-Tron up or down?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dave_bass5, Dec 30, 2004.

1. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but does the filter sweep up or down. I cant get to try one before i purchase but am looking to get a funky sound out of my jazz bass. not authentic Bootsy just to funk up a bit.
    I have a Bass V-amp which has both Mutron3 and auto wah but the effects are different.
    Any where i can hear samples of the effect?
    Thanks for any input

Dave.

2. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Thanks.
    Was rather hoping for some bass samples if you know any.
    Dave.

3. Andy Cleaver

Andy Cleaver A show of hands....

Dec 16, 2004
    England, Midlands
    Just something I found from my own experience with the Mini Q-Tron. It doesn't have a seperate volume control and when activated there is quite a substantial increase in volume (well in mine there was anyway). The sound was ok, but when comparing it the either the EBS bass IQ or a Mutron III I tried the other day, the Q-tron lacked.

If your on a budget you could look for the others 2nd hand. I haven't actually got any sound clips of bass with the mini q-tron so I can't help you there. This is all just my opinion remember, best to try things for yourself!

Good luck mate :)!

4. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Thanks Andy. i am on a budget and would only need it for a couple of songs so i will look around.

Dave