Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mini Q-Tron up or down?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dave_bass5, Dec 30, 2004.

1. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but does the filter sweep up or down. I cant get to try one before i purchase but am looking to get a funky sound out of my jazz bass. not authentic Bootsy just to funk up a bit.
    I have a Bass V-amp which has both Mutron3 and auto wah but the effects are different.
    Any where i can hear samples of the effect?
    Thanks for any input

Dave.

2. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Thanks.
    Was rather hoping for some bass samples if you know any.
    Dave.

3. Andy Cleaver

Andy Cleaver A show of hands....

Dec 16, 2004
    England, Midlands
    Just something I found from my own experience with the Mini Q-Tron. It doesn't have a seperate volume control and when activated there is quite a substantial increase in volume (well in mine there was anyway). The sound was ok, but when comparing it the either the EBS bass IQ or a Mutron III I tried the other day, the Q-tron lacked.

If your on a budget you could look for the others 2nd hand. I haven't actually got any sound clips of bass with the mini q-tron so I can't help you there. This is all just my opinion remember, best to try things for yourself!

Good luck mate :)!

4. dave_bass5

dave_bass5

May 28, 2004
    London, UK.
    Thanks Andy. i am on a budget and would only need it for a couple of songs so i will look around.

Dave