Mini Rig of Doom! GK MB500 and Phil Jones Compact 8 (5x8") cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by soong, Feb 12, 2018.

1. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    Just picked this up yesterday. GK MB500 paired with a Phil Jones Compact 8 cab (800w, 4ohm, 8x5" drivers!)

Let me tell you I was mega skeptical of the PJ cab and it's advertised power and volume. I literally called every Phil jones dealer in Australia and asked to speak with their bass reps about them to voice my skepticism and ask for advice...and WOW I am blown away...this could easily keep up with a loud band and then some! The bottom end is defined and tight and cab has a really quick response.

As for the MB500, we all know what it does smile2.gif Clean GK tone and headroom for days.

2. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. In Memoriam

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    This looks totally [email protected]! Congratulations! I have the GK MB500 and it's a beast unto itself! :thumbsup:

soong likes this.
  3. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    I know what you mean. LOL!!!!! I usually run mine with a Tecamp Puma 500 and have other options.

ELF1.JPG Minidoom2.JPG

soong and BasturdBlaster like this.
  4. soong

soong

May 10, 2007
    Sydney
    phillybass101 likes this.
  5. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Artist, Trickfish Amplification Bartolini Emerging Artist, MTD Kingston Emerging Artist. Artist, Tsunami Cables
    Very clean, clear, articulate and hi fi with punch. Can go Boom too. Nice for gigs and rehearsals where space is tight and is such a great conversation piece. Peeps are always amazed at what comes out of this config.

soong likes this.