Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mini-tour in Southern Ireland :)

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Howard K, Jun 16, 2003.

1. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    For any TB'ers in southern Ireland, my band 'Bidgie Reef and The Gas' will be doing six dates in Ireland from Saturday 19th to Thursday 24th of July.

I don't have the venue details yet, I'l post them as soon as I can.

That's all folks!

:)

2. CDuff

CDuff

Sep 14, 2002
    Europe
    Make sure you do. Especially if you're playin in Dundalk, big town in the North-East at the border half way between Dublin (AKA the s**tHole) and Belfast. If you do, you'll probably be playing "the Spirit Store"....lovely venue. Loads of people (all talented :) ) play there.

Good Luck,
    C.

3. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    OK, here's the dates and venues for the tour, hope to se someone.. anyone.. there :rolleyes:

Sat 19th July The Sky & The Ground, South Main Street, Wexford
    Sun 20th July The Village Arts Centre, Kilworth, Cork
    Tue 22nd July St Johns Theatre, The Square, Listowel, Kerry
    Wed 23rd July Friars Gate Theatre, Killmarnock, Limerick
    Thu 24th July The Briery Gap Theatre, Macroom, Cork

Then back home for one more bash :)
    Sat 26th July The Moth Festival, Christmas Common, Berkshire, England!

ta
    H

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Sounds like a nice trip - I'm envious Howard!! ;)

So - what did you tell them you are doing at work?
    I remember once (many years ago) getting special (unpaid) leave to attend a college reunion, when I was in a recording studio!! :D

5. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    i just booked holidays and i told them i was going on a mini-tour!
    everyone on my team has taken extended leave in the past year to go travelling, snowboarding etc - we're all under 30 (well, ahem, just!). So it's no biggy, a pretty flexible employer.

Last week I spent two days in Metropolis Studios is Chiswick :) t'was amazing!

6. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Last week, I was mostly on the beach in Aghios Gordios, Corfu - Greece!

That was also amazing, though in a somewhat different way! ;)

7. Howard K

Howard K

Feb 14, 2002
    UK
    Beats Chiswick hand down.. although I doubt the recording facilities were on a par ;)

It was a weird week, I spent 2 hours laying down bass tracks and the rest of it drinkning coffee, asking questions and generally learning about the studio.

We recorded 5 tracks and they sound like "a proper record" - massive and really punchy, we got an amazing recording.