Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mini woo hoo

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Brad Johnson, Oct 26, 2002.

1. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Stopped by a local pawnshop on Friday, found a new in the box Delta 10" drill press for $70 (been looking for one for a while). On the camera shelf I see two marked at $75. I take the cleaner of the the two, a like new Kodak DX3500 2.2 MP w/8MB internal memory. Looked in the expansion slot, there's a 128MB card. Not bad for $75;)

2. gives us pics of the camera using your new camera:D

3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    mirror pic plz

(i want a digital camera so bad... no longer gasing for a bass :eek: )

4. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    How about an action shot of my other cameras playing foosball, taken with the new camera?

5. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    dude, seriously....

how the heck do you score such good deals on stuff?!?!

6. Chances are that camera belonged to a kid, was stollen, then sold for drug money, which was bought by the thief, which he bought off his dealer, who got it off a smuggler, who was shipping it for a cartel, who killed the family of that kid that bought the camera for getting in the way... Or it was pawned by someone who needed the money and had no strong emotional ties to their camera. Either way I just nailed on a comercial. :rolleyes:

OK, lets see ya? Or at least post more pics of your basses. :p

7. I got that beat.

Brand new set of clip-ons for my bike....absolutely free.

I won an ebay auction, emailed the guy my shipping addy....so he'd get me a quote for shipping. Then, nothing for 2 weeks, won't return emails...etc.

Then the clip-ons show up on my door, once again email the dude...asking what the shipping would be. Nothing.

Mine now...I really tryed. I'll email again on monday.

8. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    I look... often. It's as simple as that.

9. pmkelly

pmkelly

Nov 28, 2000
    Kansas City, MO

seek and you shall find! that goes for deals as well!

P@

10. I'm about to get a BTB1005 for $450.

I LOVE list sales.:D We had an SWR 2x15 with 1000 watt peak going for $499!!! It was gone within minutes.

Rock on
    Eric

11. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Hey Brad, my uncle leaves close to you. Next time you run across an Eden 4x10XST for three dollars and eighty-eight cents, could you give me a call so I can have him pick it up? :D

12. Brad. Last year in the San Diego Trib ads. I found a 150w bass amp/combo with a brand new Carvin 15" speaker for $50. I also find money in the strangest places, but I also have lost it in stranger places...

Fetch!

13. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    The XST's have been running about $7.50 plus tax, I guess that's out of the price range you're looking in;)

Too bad.

14. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    I find so much stuff it's not funny. I'm familiar with this model camera, we found a new one where else, in a pawnshop, last year, cheap. I swear, when I looked in the memory slot, pushed the button and the 128MB card popped out, the first thing that came to mind was:

"Again?"

:D

This has gone way past silly.

15. Brad, I'm sorry, could you please repete that again?:D

Fetch!

16. SMASH... don't I know it... the pawn shops in vancouver are insanely expensive..

Peace,

Mike

17. Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    I know.

:D:D:D

18. have you ever thought to write books. :D :D
    dr.suess maybe, :D

19. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Brad!!!!! I need that drill press!

20. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    Good lord Brad you have such good luck.. Next time you run across a good digital camera for $75 or less.. how bout you buy it.. and I'll buy it from you at your gain of say $.03.. oh yeah.. you must be thinking "how can he be so generous?" and I will tell you why

I, good sir, am a bass player, I am rolling in the money