minidisc recording

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by tyburn, Dec 7, 2000.

1. i have a very good quality minidisc recorder and i want to use it to record, guitar and bass for now,
    what would be the best way to do this,, i know that i could just mic up the amp,, but i want to play bass and guitar with my bro at the same time so i can't use two mics in to the MD
    what about a two channel mixing desk,, nothing fancy then run the two mics to this then one signal out to the Minidisc??

any ideas?? is this possible

2. Steve Lawson

Steve Lawson Solo Bass Exploration! Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2000
    Birmingham, UK
    it's fairly easy to do - a lot depends on how you want it to come out. Do you want a single mono recording? do you want it in stereo with bass on one side and guitar on the other? Do you want it in stereo with a bit of separation but with both present in each channel, just in differing proportions?

For a mono recording, a simple splitter should do the trick - one of those little thingies you get from Radio Shack. if you want to be able to mix them and EQ them first, try the Raven Labs Master Blender

For stereo with total separation, the same applies - the Blender will allow you to send two separate signals.

But your best bet is going to be a little mixing desk - something like a Spirit folio, which will allow you to do all of the above and more - check any PA shop, or the Spirit website (do a search)