1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Minimum Size for Gig Suggestion

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by caeman, Mar 20, 2009.

1. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    The room I will be playing bass in most often is a church congregation. About 100x100. The stage is 2.5' up and hollow underneath.

What size amp would you think to be the minimum for a good sound?

2. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    You might need to add some more info to help get an answer...

Maybe start out with what PA support you’ll have,

and what kind of stage volume you'll be dealing with.

3. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Sep 17, 2008
    Ohio
    Everyone else gets routed through the house system: the piano, singers, guitar. Only the hand drums and drum set are acoustic.

4. Wouldn't a DI box help? I'm in a similar situation myself…planning on going the DI box route.

5. the engine

the engine Guest

1) If the PA can handle the far left notes on a piano, it can handle at least SOME bass.

2) Do you guys do chill praise and worship or do you JAM for Jesus? (very different requirements for an amp).

3) What kind of TONES do you like? (modern and/or slap tones, old school fat and round tones, etc.)

4) When you say "size" do you mean actual physical size, or the number of watts, or the volume you will need?

We are more than happy to help (with a little more info).