1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Minimum Watt Speakers For Live Performances Help Needed!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dario Contini, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Dario Contini

Dario Contini

Apr 27, 2018
    Hi There.

I am looking for the ultimate versatile and portable rig system.
    I am buying an Atomic Amplifier and play Bass, Acoustic and Electric guitar.
    Living in London space is a luxury and I will move mostly by public transport so my aim is to have FRFR Speakers that would work well enough for all instruments for when I cannot use In Ear.

For my actual budget as a temporary solution i was thinking about Alto Ts Speakers.

In Case should I go for 12 or 10?
    And Active or Passive?

Remember Weight is an Issue....

Anyone there?

Cheers

2. Your title and body of text don't seem to agree.
    A minimum watt speaker would be one that doesn't handle much power.
    But it seems you are looking for something small, light, portable, but will handle enough power to be a stage monitor for gigs.

What's the power rating on your amp?

I hope I'm not being suckered in by someone who lives under the London Bridge. :smug:

bass40hz likes this.
  3. Atomic makes amp modeling pedals - I don't see an actual amp on their site. If this is correct, you'll need active speakers as there will be no amplification from the pedal or a passive speaker. The Alto line will do, they're simply powered P.A. speakers not FRFR monitors. The 10' and 12's will be very similar to each other in performance.
    And welcome to T.B. :)

Old Garage-Bander likes this.
  4. Dario Contini

Dario Contini

Apr 27, 2018
    Haha....

No man..I have recently moved to London, I have got a flat but at the moment not much storage space or I guess I could kick out my girlfriend and replace her with a bunch of amplifiers and rig for multiple instruments...

I am starting to use a Direct Input System, so to idea is not to use an amp at all and go trough the FOH directly, but I would need an alternative for small/medium venues or something to use as stage monitors and that does not change the sound of the patches I make.

I know the Alto speakers 2000 w would be more thatn enough for electric and acoustic guitar.

also I am very much on the other side of the instrument, so quite ignorant about amplification and teach issues and there is a lot of information for guitar players but not for bass players.

I know the Atomic Amplifire (3 time the price of alto) cabinets are good for guitar, but for what people say not enough for bass....

5. Dario Contini

Dario Contini

Apr 27, 2018
    Thanks A Lot....yep Atmoic Amplifire 12 that's what I am going for....I have even confused myself with that message.

Atomic does FRFR cabinet/monitors, the Atomic CLR good for guitar that work as a speakers or monitor but the reviews from bass players are not great...

Yep so I think I will go for the Alto TS310 Active.....or HeadRush FRFR 2000W Full Range Powered 1x12 Speaker.... they seems similar in quality and functionality...

6. bad_andy

bad_andy

Sep 21, 2005
    Omaha, NE
    Out of curiosity, how'd that work out for you? I'm looking at FR/FR options for use with a Helix.

7. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

The OP was last logged in on May 15 2018.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021