Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Minneapolis Teachers

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by Bass Catcher, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Hello -

I'm looking for a double bass teacher in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. I've tried out a couple lessons with some people, but haven't found a good match for myself yet. I'm looking for someone is a good player and who has a really structured way of teaching. I'm probably playing at an intermeadiate-approaching-advanced level. Any one have any suggestions? Thanks a lot.

Matt

2. I'm looking to study jazz.

Matt

3. Shornick

Shornick Scot Hornick

Dec 18, 2001
    NJ
    Have you checked with Terry Burns? He runs the bass department out of Music Tech. Great musician and I have been told a very solid teacher. Anthony Cox is also out there in Brooklyn Park or Coon Rapids. Gary Raynor is another great one out there who has taught for years. If you could talk Gordie Johnson into teaching I would highly recommend it. Also check out Billy Peterson or Ron Evaniuk. So many great bass players out there.

4. Thanks for the advice.

I tried Terry Burns - but he's too busy to teach right now.

I've got Cox's contact info - I've been holding off on calling him, as he's a bit expensive.

I will try some of those other guys - some of those names are new to me.

Thanks a lot! Are you from the cities?

Matt

5. Shornick

Shornick Scot Hornick

Dec 18, 2001
    NJ
    I have some contact information for most of these guys. Just have to dig out my older phone book. Lived in the cities for about 4 1/2 years, really liked it but I am from the east coast originally and there really isnt anywhere like ny.

6. Toneonbass

Toneonbass

Jul 1, 2006
    Looking for a GOOD electric bass teacher. you know one that doesn't just hand you a choird chart...I have tryed a few but cant seem to find a good teacher.

suggestions? or any teachers on t.b. from mpls?

thanks...

7. Toneonbass

Toneonbass

Jul 1, 2006
    hmm, I didn't see this thread was labeled under DB...just as well I guess.