1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Minnesota/Twin Cities football game this Sunday!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mattsk42, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Yes, I'm there for sure!

20.0%
  2. Maybe, I won't commit to "Yes"

20.0%
  3. No, there's no way I can make it / Carrots

60.0%
  1. mattsk42

mattsk42 Supporting Member

Not watching, but playing. We're trying to get some folks together for a friendly game of touch football. It's been really fun in the past few weeks that we've done it.

No fee, all ages (though most of us are from 21-35), male AND female, and any skill level.

It's in Minneapolis on Sunday at 2:30 I think. I can give you more details if you e-mail me.

Also, bring as many people as you can get! It's open for all.

2. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    Oooh... I'm so there if I'm in Minneapolis on Sunday. I could probably get a few others too.

3. mattsk42

Cool, let me know as soon as you can how many of you can come so that we can schedule it for sure and so that I can let you know if it gets canceled or anything.

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Touch football? Oh come on. At least play flag if you're too scared for tackle. Don't give me the "we're grown-ups with families now" line either.

I am 35, married, and have a son. I go out and play with my son every Saturday at 1:30PM....tackle.

-Mike

5. mattsk42

Well it's with female players, so... you know... it's a good excuse....

Yeah, I wish we had flags, too. That would involve someone buying a bunch of them, though. We're not that organized or serious. I am, but the majority aren't. In fact, I was rather annoyed that there have been three of them that replied with "it's too cold for me this weekend". Now THAT's lame.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    OK. I thought you were just inviting girls. If they are playing, then touch may be better than busting them up in tackle.

Too cold? Yeah, those guys are lame.

-Mike

7. mattsk42

Paging Opaque.... are you a go or no go?

8. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    ...:eek:

It completely blew my mind. I'm definitely not going to make it.

[EDIT: I mean... I didn't make it.]

9. mattsk42

Haha I noticed. If you want to get a bunch of your buddies to come play (male OR female), we're going to try for same thing next week and in future weeks. Just let me know.

10. mattsk42

Top, NEW time, same place, etc.

3:00 start time

11. sorry man....maybe next time