Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Minnieweather basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Richard Lindsey, Sep 21, 2003.

1. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    I'm not in the market myself, having just made some purchases, but I've seen some of this guy's work in photos, and it looks high level (as far as looks go).

Anybody checked out one of David Minnieweather's basses in person? If they're as good as they look, I'd expect to hear his name come up more along with the more usual suspects here.

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    I've been interested from the few photos I've seen as well; last I checked he still didn't have a website.

3. soul64basses

soul64basses

Mar 26, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Hi All,thanks for the interest in Minnieweather basses!I will have a website up and running later this year.Thanks!!!soul64basses P.S.I'll try to post some pic's here soon.Thanks!!

4. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    That's Wicked!!
    [​IMG]

5. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    Very nice and interesting. Looking forward to seeing more.

6. Jean Baudin

Jean Baudin

Aug 27, 2003
    redwood city, ca
    Endorsing Artist: See Profile
    I played a couple of dave's basses at Joey G's booth at namm earier this year. Great tone, playability and his was my favorite single cut design from the show. (the main one I was checking out was the quilted 7-string) - most singlecuts at namm looked like fodera knockoffs but Dave's was refresingly different. He's also a real nice guy too. If he had a 9, I would of went home with it.

7. Im a sock

Im a sock

Dec 23, 2002
    Central MA
    I am officially GASsing for that 6. Ohhhhh man thats beautiful!

8. wyliee

wyliee

Jul 6, 2003
    South Hill, WA
    Hi Dave,

Please tell us more about your basses. I tried sending you an email several months ago. I picked up the email address from a Bass Player magazine blurb.

-Eric.

9. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    I played one of Daves 7 string Basses and I HATED IT :) no I am seriously kidding.It was a very nice playing and sounding Bass.it had one of the most interesting Fingerboard shapes I have ever felt.the Fingerboard radius was very circular.a very talented luthier and one of the most pleasant human beings one will ever meet.

10. soul64basses

soul64basses

Mar 26, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Hi Guys,Thanks for the compliments and comments about the basses!I'll make this my place to post photo's untill the website gets going.Thanks once again!!! :) Minnieweather Custom Basses

11. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Bump

Any newer photos?

12. elros

elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Norway
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Nice instruments. How is that web page coming?????
    I found this at some wood suppliers gallery page. It says Custom 7 string bass guitar by David Minnieweather - is this the guy? Very nice insrument.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Very nice! Probably doesn't have time to work on the web page - too busy building instruments.
    I dig that single cutaway design. Classy.

13. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Oooh, those are some nice looking basses. I like. Except for that pointy thing on the bottom (I like basses that you can set down at a gig, maybe against a cab or against a wall). And except for the spaghetti on the headstock (I like nice straight strings, even above the nut). :)

Is there any contact info for Minnieweather?

14. I love those Minnieweather designs. Very impressive luthiery IMHO.

While this may be off topic, I must say I was quite impressed by another builder found on the same wood supplier's page as Minnieweather was found - Garz guitars that is.

http://www.garzguitars.com/

Here's one bass with a touch of that Alembic vibe!
    [​IMG]

Damn, I'm excited. Gonna order one bass from both today!
    :hyper: :D

15. soul64basses

soul64basses

Mar 26, 2004
    Portland, OR
  16. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
  17. DougP

DougP

Sep 4, 2001