1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Minor issue with my Shuttle 6.0

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by shatterd, Sep 28, 2008.

1. shatterd

shatterd

Feb 24, 2008
    I'm getting a vague crackling sound coming thru the 12T cab. Not sure if it is the amp or cab. It's not really that bad...kinda subtle but a bit annoying. I don't hear it when I plug my bass into my practice amp and switching cables does not seem to make a difference. I don't recall ever hearing it thru my monitors when I go direct in to my 8 track recorder. It's not constant, but rather random. Much of the time the rig sounds clean, but I do hear that crackling come thru now and then. Just wondering if there's anything I could do to clean it up or troubleshoot? Again, it's a minor issue.

2. shatterd

shatterd

Feb 24, 2008
    Upon further review, it seems to be coming from the tweeter. It seems to go away when I turn the tweeter all the way down. This is really no big deal because I prefer to play without the tweeter. I dont like the brightness it imparts on the tone. I like the deeper bass I get with the tweeter off. Having said that, I'd like to hear some feedback on what might be going on. Thanks in advance.

3. The pre-amp tube may be a bit microphonic causing this. Take the amp head off the top of the cab and see if the sound is still there.