Minor Problem with my GK

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TheRongongo, Jan 9, 2004.

1. TheRongongo

Oct 25, 2003
    Brooklyn NY
    i have a GK mark IV bass amp 700RB/210, it's really sweet, but the only problem i notice is that the lows pop too much when i switch from my 4 to the 6.

i tried cutting the bass down, but that tampered the tone too much, i cut off the boost, but still the lows are poppin the speakers.

the 4 string tone i get from it is really sweet, but when i switch to my modulus, the lows are clipping too much, odd that a $300 instrument gives a better tone per say than a 3K instrument.

if anyone could suggest what i should cut/boost on the amp/and or bass in the mean time while i tamper with it myself trying to solve the riddle.

edit: made a mental error, i have the 400RB/210
  2. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    getting warmer
    You might be expecting too much out of a 210.

Try starting with everything flat and go from there. Cutting mids will increase the perception of bass at the cost of cutting through.

Ultimately though you may want to consider adding more speakers.
  3. justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    I've got a 700RB head and found that all fo my G&Ls cause the preamp to clip. All I had to do to fix the problem was to use the 14db pad on the front. It's right next to the tune mute button. It sounds awesome now at all volumes.