1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mint Crown XTI Amp (1400 watts) $350 + SKB ATA Rack!!!!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Quadzilla, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

On Hold for Blues Bass 2!!!!

Edit 7/30/07: - I'm tossing in a rack 2U rack bag with the amp if you act now!

Made in USA!!! I used this amp on 1 gig. The Crown XTI is a Class D amp that pumps out 700 watts per channel or 1400 watts bridged. It also has a built in EQ, delay, crossover, etc and presets can be saved and accessed on the front panel (for different cab combinations or using one channel for a PA and the other for your bass or using the crossover, etc, etc,). You can also hook this amp up to your computer with a USB cable and use the Crown interface to program in the presets (and name them). COOL!!!! $350 http://www.crownaudio.com/amp_htm/xti.htm

[​IMG]

Amp is at bottom of picture:

[​IMG]

2. quadrogong

quadrogong

Jul 6, 2006
    NYC
    okay, so it's a power amp plus a preamp? 2 peice?
    or is it like a power amp with built in preamp,.effects..crossover?

i'm not familiar with this amp, only regular crown power amps..
    can u give me a bit of info?

3. Quadzilla

It's not a pre-amp (and does not have one). It's a power amp that has a few cool features that pretty much no other amp has...

EQ
    Crossover
    Programable Delay
    Input Y capability
    +6 db boost input selectable
    etc (there are more features as well)...

You can set the any combination of the above and set it as a preset in the menu and front LCD screen. You can have multiple pre-sets. You can set and same most items on the front screen, but some (like the specifc EQ frequencies) need to set using your PC (via USB cable and Crown's software).

Very, very cool amp! Oh, she's damn light also (17 lbs)!!!!

4. BASSKADET

BASSKADET Gold Supporting Member

May 17, 2007
    NC
    Quad,
    I have a question about the Amp. I did go to the site. Since you cannot run 2ohms bridged. Can you run mismatched loads in stereo mode? Say, 1 cab 4 ohm and 1 cab 8.
    thanks
    small TTT

5. Quadzilla

Absolutely. Mixed ohms are not an issue as long as the total load is 2 ohms or higher. In the case above (a 4 ohm and an 8 ohm together), you will be running that side of the amp at 2.67 ohms which is fine.

6. hmmm. tempted, but holding out for a qsc plx1804. This is a great alternative. Getting that *passing up a great deal* feeling. Hmmm. svp pro needs a lightweight power partner. hmmm. Throw in screws with rack?

7. Quadzilla

Yes, screws and retainers (screw receivers) will be included with the rack. This amp offers a LOT more features and config options over the QSC. Not dissing the QSC, I'm sure it's a fine amp, but bang for the buck, nothing beats this.

8. BASSKADET

BASSKADET Gold Supporting Member

May 17, 2007
    NC
    Still have some of that trans warranty left?

9. Quadzilla

I would think so as the amp is less than 1 year old. I'm pretty sure that Crown also offers a "no fault" warranty which means they cover it no matter what (even if they see physical damage on the amp from it beinf dropped etc)...

10. Lowfader

Lowfader

Jul 11, 2004
    U.S.A.
    What's the serial # ?

11. Quadzilla

8001348876 Made in USA!

12. BR Audio

BR Audio Guest

Apr 13, 2006
    Considering any trades? Looking for something??
    thanks
    Gil

13. Quadzilla

Run them past me. Ya never know!

14. Quadzilla

Bump!

15. Quadzilla

Last bump before Ebay

16. Quadzilla

SKB Rack is SOLD to NickyBass (Crown Amp still avail) !!!!

17. prsbass

prsbass

Oct 13, 2006
    Seattle
    Have you tried this with an Epifani UL 212? How about with a demeter vtbp 201?

18. Quadzilla

No and no. Used it with my AMP SL-1 pre-amp and my Epi 4x10 and 2x10 cabs....

19. rrybicki

rrybicki Innocent Bystander

PM Sent

Russ

20. Quadzilla

Since there is little interest on this and it's a great amp, I think I'm just going to keep her guys. Can't hurt to have this one around just in case. Thanks!

Edit 7/30/07: She's back up for sale!!!!!!