Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mint EBS Drome 15 Combo Amp

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Funkateer, Dec 15, 2003.

1. Funkateer

Funkateer

Jul 5, 2002
    Los Gatos, CA
    I've decided to use my kern/qsc/2*10 rig for rehersals, small venues, etc. so my mint condition, lightly used, Drome 15 is just gathering dust. It has seen two rehersals and no gigs. I got this about 14 months ago from BassNW. It was a demo, but was and still is in mint condition. I'd prefer to do a San Francisco Bay local sale, as I don't have the EBS packaging. However, I will fastidiously double box it, and ship it anywhere in the US if the buyer will pay for the packing materials and all shipping and insurance costs. I will accept Paypal, money order, or cashier's check. This is a very versatile combo amp, with an especially musical compressor (IMO). Email me for more pics or further information.

Generic product info from EBS:

The EBS-150 Drome is an ultra-compact and unbelievably light 15" 150W bass combo with incredible sound, filled with unique possibilities!!

EBS Drome is a unique Bass combo equipped with a specially developed 15" speaker, capable of reproducing extremely low frequencies with very good definition in the markets' most compact speaker enclosure. The incorporated ceramic tweeter gives the whole frequency spectrum a perfectly balanced and natural sound. The 150 Watt MOSFET power amp is built without fan, thanks to EBS unique and completely silent cooling system "SCS™", which makes EBS Drome a winner in the recording studio. If you don't wish to mike the combo for a recording session, simply connect the balanced XLR output to the mixer. With a flick of a switch you activate the built-in speaker simulator, with the special sound characteristics of a miked speaker. In addition, the EBS Drome is equipped with a tube simulator, that will reproduce the soul and warm distortion of the tube - without need of replacing expensive and fragile vacuum tubes.

You can mix the sound from another musician or sound source by using the Dromes monitor input, while maintaining only your bass sound at the balanced XLR output. Connect your stereo headphones to the powerful phones output, that automatically mutes the speakers, and play along with your favorite records in stereo. Best of all, when you know the tune, engage the "BASS ERASER". This unique function removes the bass from, e.g. the CD that you play! This makes it possible for you to cue in your own bass in stereo using effects in the serial/parallel effects loop.

Bass players who play acoustic or upright will now be more satisfied when using the notch function, which eliminates those frequencies that usually cause feedback or unwanted resonance. The "BRIGHT" filter gives you the possibility to effectively attenuate the ceramic tweeter. The EBS Drome presents a wide variety of functions that one would only expect in the most advanced equipment. Not only it has incredible performance in pubs, bars and dancing facilities; it's also perfect in the studio, for education purposes, in the rehearsal place and at home playing with headphones.

All this and much more in a package of only 58 lbs makes the EBS Drome the obvious choice for all musical styles and every playing situation.

FEATURES:
    • Compact 15" bass combo with ceramic tweeter! Powerful stereo headphones output!
    • 150W RMS! Built-in speaker simulator!
    • Extremely lightweight - 58 lbs in one handle! EBS unique Silent Cooling System (SCS™)!
    • "Bass Eraser" function! 9-Volt Phantom Power System™ powers your bass!
    • Built-in Tube simulator circuitry! Double 9-Volt power to your pedals!
    • +/- filters work like a dream! Balanced XLR output!
    • "Stretchable" mid-control! Serial or parallel stereo effects loop!
    • "Bright"-filter for the highest tones! Stereo monitor input!
    Compressor/Limiter!

2. Funkateer

Funkateer

Jul 5, 2002
    Los Gatos, CA
    Details, details ...

3. Funkateer

Funkateer

Jul 5, 2002
    Los Gatos, CA
    Last price reduction before its off to ebay.

4. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA