Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Minutemen fans: Prepare for HOT SHEEZY!!

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Against Will, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    "Hello Everyone,
    We are proud to announce that WE JAM ECONO - THE STORY OF THE MINUTEMEN is done! Please help us get the word out about the premiere. Post the info to every newsgroup that you're on, e-mail your friends, and tell the whole world!

THE SAN PEDRO FILM SOCIETY AND ROCKET FUEL FILMS ANNOUNCE THE PREMIERE OF:
    WE JAM ECONO - THE STORY OF THE MINUTEMEN

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    February 4, 2005
    For more information, contact
    Keith Schieron
    press@theminutemen.com

The San Pedro Film Society in association with Rocket Fuel Films is proud to announce the premiere of WE JAM ECONO - THE STORY OF THE MINUTEMEN at 8PM on Friday, February 25, 2005 at San Pedro's historic Warner Grand Theatre.
    Minutemen Mike Watt and George Hurley along with Director Tim Irwin and Producer Keith Schieron will sit for a question and answer session with the audience after the screening. Michael Halloran from San Diego's
    FM94.9 will moderate the question and answer session.

WE JAM ECONO - THE STORY OF THE MINUTEMEN is a feature length documentary chronicling this ground breaking, early 80's punk rock band from their humble beginnings in the harbor town of San Pedro, CA to their untimely demise when lead singer and guitarist D. Boon was killed in a van accident in December of 1985.

Told by those who were there, WE JAM ECONO - THE STORY OF THE MINUTEMEN weaves together footage from over fifty newly shot interviews with archival interviews and live performances to capture the dynamic energy and do-it-yourself spirit of these punk rock pioneers. Newly shot interviews include Minutemen Mike Watt and George Hurley as well as Flea, Greg Ginn, Richard Hell, Ian MacKaye, Thurston Moore, and Henry Rollins among others."

New trailer at:
    http://www.theminutemen.com

I'm going to try and get it shown at my school.

2. Awesome!!! I wonder if it'll come to the local "arthouse" cinema, or whether I'll have to wait for the DVD.