Minutemen with Charlie Haden

Discussion in 'Ask Mike Watt [Archived]' started by Confucius, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Confucius

Dec 27, 2004
    New York
    Just watched a video from corndogs.com of the minutemen jamming on 'little man with the gun in his hand' with the legendary Charlie Haden. Cant hear Haden too well in the mix but the idea of you playing together is very cool. How did that come about? Any memories of that experience, you can share?
  2. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

that gig was at macabe's in santa monica and it was a trip. I can't remember exactly how it happened but I did produce his son josh's band's first album, they were called the treacherous jaywalkers. I remember not being able to hear charlie too well either cuz we were electric and he had that standup. we tried playing as soft as we could cuz we very inspired by his focus and emotion. it was so great talking to him after too, he's the greatest.

by the way, this saturday I'm making a video for "beltsandedman" off my latest album ("the secondman's middle stand") and charlie's daughter petra's gonna be in it.

on bass, watt
  3. I know he's not going to be able to tour anymore, but will essential brother pete mazich be in the video too?
  4. watt

watt TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

since pete, jer and petra are on the recording, that's who's gonna be in the viedo too. makes sense to me.

on bass, watt
  6. musky4

Oct 24, 2004