"Mirror" Pickguard

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassPlayerGush, Dec 27, 2001.

1. BassPlayerGush

Sep 23, 2001
    Has anyone ever seen a mirror pickguard that has been used on a guitar? I was looking at some of them on pickguards.com They look like really cool pickguards for sprucing up the look of your bass. It look's like they're like an opaque (see through), colored pickguard. I just want to know if they scracth up easy, then look like crap. Or if they break or crack easy. Thanks
  2. malibu

malibu Guest

Dec 26, 2001
    no comment about the mirror pickguard --

but thanks alot for the great link - -
    I had been searching for something for a more unique look for a beautiful black precision bass with my standard w/b/w pickguard and they have the best selection I've seen ! Thanks again.
  3. this is kinda related. i know a guy who has thousands put into his car. he has everything chromed under the hood even the plastic. very few places can chrome plastic but he gets it done in chatham ont. from what i have heard it lasts very well and i considered getting my pickguard done up. i figured it may be a little cheaper but who knows.
  4. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    Wether or not a "mirror" pickguard looks good is subjective, but I can tell you that people in the crowd will hate it when they're being blinded by the stage lighting reflecting off of it.
  5. Uhm...
    Not to spoil your fun or anything, but Mr. Smarty pants just has to say...

"Transparent" or "translucent" mean "see through", and "opaque" means "cloudy" or "non-transparent"

So...make up your mind, which is it? :p
  6. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    duurnit, sheepy, I was gonna say that! :p :D
  7. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I was at a "Jam" type party over the summer. The gentleman hosting it, had a Fender P bass that he kind of customized himself and put a mirrored pickguard on it. He had it for quite a while and the pickguard looked almost brand new. He was a pick player besides. (This bass was sitting outside, so all scrapes/dings/imperfections would be easily seen)
  8. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Hey BassplayerGush, where in PA are you from. (Sorry, I always have to ask guys from PA where they are from. *LOL* I belive in the "It's a small world thing" and always wonder if they are someone I know, or in a band I know of)
  9. BassPlayerGush

Sep 23, 2001
    im from a small town outside of bloomsburg, pottsville, shamokin and frackville (if any of them ring a bell). lol. i never heard of houtzdale. good ol' pa.
  10. A mirrored p-guard would be cool for a large audience, but for anything small Slater is right. You will blind the first 10 rows.

It would look cool as a presentation bass, though.

Rock on
  11. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    I used to go to Bloomsburg for the 4X4 Jamborees.
    Was there every year from 92-97.

Now back to our regularly sceduled topic......