Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Misc. Equipment case suggestions?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Juniorkimbrough, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I'm looking for a relatively small equipment case for me to carry to gigs. I want it to carry my DI box, a few extra cables, bass strings, and a couple screwdrivers and that's it.

I would like if it was somewhere around 12-18" wide and about 12" tall...preferable no bigger than that. Also I'd like for it to be a suitcase style case. It's basically just going to be a gig survival kit. :p I've been gigging quite a bit more than usual here lately and I'd like to have my own personal emergency kit in case anything happens.

I've looked around but I just can't seem to find anything like this. Any and all help is greatly appreciated!

2. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Sounds like a laptop bag would work. They usually have compartments for pens and such. They are padded and have a handle like a suitcase and most of them are black, the very color of rock and roll.

3. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Thanks for the suggestion, and I had thought of a laptop bag but I'd really prefer something with a hard outer casing.

4. I've been using a regular plastic toolbox for many year now.
    It's held up amazingly well, and has a top mounted handle.
    It holds all my extra cables, tools, etc. etc.

Also fairly inexpensive. Think about it.

5. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I will also suggest a gun case designed for carrying pistols.
    I have a few and they really come in handy. They have foam on the inside and a hard plastic on the outside.
    You can get them at sporting goods stores and WalMart.

6. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    you could buy a small suitcase/briefcase or why dont you just put all of that stuff into a bag or something?

7. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    I'm wanting something that will protect my Sansamp DI when not in use. I'm always paranoid about the knobs getting knocked off.

Anymore suggestions for a hard case?

8. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    I use a pair of laptop bags. The only thing in your list that could MAYBE benefit from a hardcase is the DI. I think a laptop bag is fine for a DI, give it a try.

9. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

Aug 9, 2004
    Raleigh NC
  10. You can get aluminium-covered suitcase-style cases from a hardware store which come with dividers etc. If you really wanted to funk it up, you could even get foam cut for it, etc.

Have you considered maybe keeping the Sansamp in a box, and then using that in a bag, laptop-style or otherwise?

11. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    This looks like it will do the trick, Thanks!