Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Misfits Bass!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by demonswords, Feb 18, 2003.

1. Mkay, So a while back, don't remember when, but I had read that Jerry Only From the Misfits was talking about mass reproduction of his Devastator. Can any one provide me with extra info on what the progress is?

Million Thanks to all that reply!

2. Skips

Skips

Feb 19, 2003
    I only know that www.gothiccustomguitars.com made his one, and now tells people to inquire through the Fiend Club.
    I remember reading about it, but I don't think they went through with the idea.

3. Only

Only

Sep 8, 2002
    Warrensburg, MO
    No official progress, but they made that announcement at the same time the 'Fits talked about custom strings, and if you check Misfits.com, you'll find the strings are just now coming out.

And I'd avoid Hex guitars, just based on the fact that about 99% of their stuff is stolen designs, usually half a guitar body shape either mirrored or slapped together with another half of a different guitar.

If you're REALLY desperate, you can get one through the Fiend Club from what I've heard, but expect that to be extremely pricey.

4. Well, thanks a million guys for your information.

Sometimes, a badly built bass or guitar can provide with a great new sound and feel. So, I would keep that in mind when your looking for a new feel and style.

So :bassist: Rock On!

Thanks Again!

5. I would definitely buy one if they became availble. That is one of the coolest basses I've ever seen. As for the comment about Hex, I don't think it is fairly to question the quality of their instruments just because they copy other instruments or have symmetrical shapes. Many companies out there copy the original Fender shape or other company's shapes and obviously some of them make equal or even better quality instruments. And as far as symmetrical bodies are concerned, the only problems I can think of would be neck dive and comfort, the first of one is tolerable and common on many instruments, the second of which is a personal preference thing.

6. www.gothiccustomguitars.com is one of the funniest sites on the web.

I would buy a copy of Jerry's bass....if it was cheap...but it prolly won't be.

7. I agree Kraig99.
    But it's all preferance if you ask me. As in liking the tone of the bass, or the kind of tone the wood of the bass gives, vibration, weight, size, form, color, etc.

Thanks!:)

8. old_skool

old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    The Misfits, as much as I have loved them in the past, have become complete marketing whores. Misfits everything. Bobble heads, cell phone covers, air freshners, everything! A new custom string line is just another step towards bastarizing their fans.

Oh, the bass kicks ass! :D :bassist:

9. Well, in this day in age, bands like the misfits are just trying to survive the economy and make a living. Just like thousands of other bands out there. I mean, what other reason to start a band and go live with musical works?
    I say Good for Jerry and any one else who's trying to do what ever possible to stay alive in their own business.

Maybe Danzig was right about them. But, they do what they have done for so many ages. But at least they are being honest about it and trying to make a living.
    Hell, if I had the same opportunities as Jerry has had, I probably would concider them and see what's best for me.

But that's my opinion. Again, in reality, It's all preferance. Choices are all over, and we must choose where to go from any point. We choose our own personal roads to travel. Some times, it may not be a correct road for one person, but that same road may work for some one else.

Love music, not politics. Keep on living life to the fullest, and experiance all that is possible. Make

Rock On!:bassist: :cool: