Misfits reunion?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Sep 29, 2004.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Hey Detroit TB'ers,
    A friend just sent me this E-MAil:

Hey Aaron!

Have you heard about the Ground Zero reunion??

They are playing with the Misfits and Agent Orange at
    the Blind Pig here in Ann Arbor. Nov 4th. Friday

Hope all is good with you. :) Maybe see you at the

P.S: If you want to go the Local Chaos site for details Google it on your own. It's been known to contain "adult language" which I am not going to provide the link to.

P. A. J.
  2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Will it be the REAL Misfits? i.e. members besides Jerry Only?

The "Misfits" have been touring non-stop for the past 8 years, each time with fewer and fewer pretenses as to what they really are(easy money for Jerry Only). My friend was a huge Misfits and saw them with their replacement singer and loved them, however, the more he's seen them, the more they go downhill.

If Danzig is with them, this is what I imagine happening:
  3. I saw them a few years ago with Dez and Robo from Black Flag. I didn't much care for them. And I like the Misfits.
  4. They play here in SD quite often and i can tell you it's definitely NOT the original guys... Against WIll was right, it's only been Jerry Only playing with them.. they play here again the end of OCtober if i'm not mistaken..
  5. IMO, The Misfits lost all their talent when Glenn left in 84. I still like their older stuff, but without Glenn singing, it doesn't SOUND like The Misfits. Nothing's better than hearing Danzig belt "ONE LAST CARESS!"
  6. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Y'know, I didn't think for a minute that it would be other than the band! I guess I'm a step slow on the "marketing" angles.
    The more interesting aspect is the reunion of old friends from the local band Ground Zero. Many beers consumed in those days. I gotta make time to go and say hello or (BUUUUURRRRRAAPPPP!!).
  7. Agent Orange is always good. Mike is a killer guitarist and last I heard Sam Bolle is still on bass.
  8. odie

odie Supporting Member

The last 2 Misfits albums had all the original members , but Glenn. The had Von and one the drummers that rotated around.