Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by AllodoX, Mar 2, 2002.

1. Bought a cd by them today.. they actually kick butt you know ! :eek: :D
  2. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Misfits are cool.I havent heard much of their songs but I like them.My favorite is 'last caress'.I think all of the Misfit spawns are good(Danzig,Samhain).Make sure you tell us which one!
  3. Old Misfits w/ Glenn Danzig Rock. I have Misfits Collection I & II, plus some downloaded stuff. Misfits are very cool.

Have you heard the NOFX version of "Last Carress?" It's on "Violent World: A Tribute to the Misfits." Very cool cd.
  4. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Hey Chaos,I'm listening to the nofx version right now,its funny!I like Fat Mike's impression of Danzig....ONNNNNEEEE LAAAAAAASSTTT CARESSSSS!!!!

I like it how nofx also added that ska sound to the chorus.
  5. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000

actually its more like RECORDINGS
  6. new misfits isnt at all as good as old misfits they lost there writing style and real good singer.

nofx cover sucks ass

i have to say danzig isn't a offspring of misfits.

my favorite misfits song death comes ripping.cradle of filth did a crappy cover
  7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    So it was said, so it shall be.
  8. Anyone hear AFI's version of Last Caress?
  9. old_skool

Aug 17, 2000
    Milwaukee, WI
    I too like the old Misfits way more than the new.
  10. They're obviously good if you look at their longetivity. I was digging them way back when, and now my 14 year old son wears Misfits t-shirts. He's also a Dead Kennedys and Sex Pistols fan. He's making his old man proud.
  11. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I love The Misfits! I saw 'em around Halloween with Robo and Dez of Black Flag and Marky Ramone of The Ramones.

Monster bands rule!
  12. i as well saw them with robo and dez from black flag.marky was there too, but i saw them on the warped tour last summer. i even got to meet jerry only and dez. yeah i love the misfits....and yes i heard afi's cover of "last caress" and i love them as well.
  13. I have the limited edition Misfits Coffin box set. It has loads of rare outakes and alternative versions of songs. It also has collections 1 + 2 plus The Wolfs Blood/ Earth A.D. LP.

The were better in the 1977 - 1983 period because Danzig wrote all the songs. The newer stuff is written by Jerry and Doyle and is kind of a cash in on the releases of the collection albums. That said, they have some cool songs on their albums.

Danzig are also a good band though not in the same vein as the Misfits. Danzig was a big influence on Metallica, especially Cliff Burton.

A few classic songs I reccomend are Astro Zombies, Where Eagles Dare, I Turned Into A Martian, Halloween, Skulls and Hate Breeders.
  14. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Personally,I think the AFI version is better than the Misfits version.

Hope i don't get killed for this!Yikes!
    ::Crawls into little hole so nobody can get at him::
  15. Have you listened to the song? In any of it's forms? It's not supposed to be anything but a big joke! NOFX gets the point accross rather well. I mean it's not like it is difficult to play.

Fills the hole with water so he drowns. :D
  16. Is that what you are saying?
  17. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Glenn hates The Misfits now. Have you ever seen someone ask him about them? Yikes!

Also, is Doyle even in the band anymore? I assumed that it was just Jerry now, since Robo, Dez and Marky have been guesting.