Miss me? Film at 11.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Munjibunga, Jun 26, 2001.

1. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    If there's anyone out there that gives a rat, I've been down in Orlando at DidneyWoold. But how could I go to Orlando without stopping by to see Gard, Beaver, and the guys at Bass Central? Whoa! They're probably still trying to steam the drool out of their carpet in there. I'll brief y'all on what I saw over the next coupla days. I will say that Gard actually let me "play" some of his axes, and it was a blast. Not to mention the ones they've got on the wall. I didn't get to play the Ampeg/Dan Armstrong Lucite bass with interchangeable pickups. I think Gard's got his eye on that one.

You guys might want to talk your families into a Disney Vacation, if you catch my drift. But don't go in the summer. Well, more on this later. I've gotta go out and enjoy some of our 72-degree weather. It was 135 degrees down there at 95% humidity. Later.
  2. Yeah, Gard devoted an entire thread to your visit. I'm still laughing from all the stories. :D

(What am I talking about? Haven't got a clue! Must be the heat here... 61 degrees).

Welcome back Munji!
  3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    DUDE! you missed it - a bunch of lesbians came by, riding on the backs of a herd of stampeding buffalos, posting how they loved to use laklands as ... er... "sensual aids" during their fun-times.

man, that was some funny stuff right there.
  4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Dude, you didn't notice the squishy-ness as you drifted about zoned out staring at all the basses?? Sheesh, we could float an aircraft carrier on the drool in the carpet there, steam cleaning the stuff out of them would be an exercise in futility! :D And you're right about that Armstrong, keep ya mitts off it!!! :p (and if you believe I'm givin' any of the 4 basses of mine you played up for that thing, you've been seriously effected by the heat). Don't forget that fellow TB'er Neal/Dirty Road Cola was there too, and you can tell everyone how he got his name now!! ;)

Whilst I do envy the lovely weather in Sandy Eggo, it's not THAT bad here. I believe the Saturday you dropped by it was ~95 and the humidity was maybe 85%. That wussy weather y'all have in SoCali just makes ya soft! ;)

Oh, apparantly you survived your listening experience...howz 'bout a little review for the TB masses, since you're the first to hear it. :D
  5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Yeah, they kept saying something about the shape of the upper horn and how the through the body stringing affected the resonance of the...hm....uh....bass, yeah, that's it!

JT, you're gonna get me in trouble.... :eek: