Missing Bass - RECOVERED

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by malthumb, Jul 9, 2002.

1. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    I sold and shipped this bass in February to a fellow Alembic enthusiast in London, England. The power supply (shipped in a separate box) got to him in 10 days. The bass landed on my doorstep this afternoon. Five months after I shipped it!!!!!

I'm just relieved it isn't in some shipping clerk's garage or a pawn shop or something. Now he and I are working out more effective shipping arrangements. I'll breathe easier when I see a picture of him playing it.

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    Interesting and Im glad you got it back.
  3. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    So what did the shippers say, if anything?
  4. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    They are so clueless it's scary.

Geshel, a side note: I was in the process of settling up with the insurance company. They have a replace at value policy that would have had them work with Alembic to make me another bass at insured value ($7,700) but they were also considering settling for a cash out. In that case I was considering ordering something similar to your fretless :cool:

This actually works out best. My buyer gets the bass he wants and I don't need to screw around with the insurance company.

5. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I must ask....

...who was the shipper?

;) :eek:
  6. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000

glad you recovered it, go buy a lottery ticket! :)
  7. malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    US Postal Service. No wonder the price of stamps just went up. They must be planning on buying a clue.

8. adrian garcia

adrian garcia

Apr 9, 2001
    las vegas. nevada
    Endorsing Artist: Nordy Basses, Schroeder Cabs, Gallien Krueger Amps
    you lost that thing for that long?? MADDENING!!!!!
  9. craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    i'm glad they found it. that's unbelievable that it was lost for 5 months.
  10. good thing you got it back! I remember when you posted that it was lost, unbelievable that it's 5 months ago already....Hope it gets to London this time:)
  11. Three letters for you:

D. H. L.

Dirt cheap and a lot more reliable than the USPS.