Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Missing school

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Intrepid, Oct 21, 2002.

1. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
  2. DarkMazda

DarkMazda

Jun 3, 2000
    NJ
    damn man, hopefuly somethings will clear in that area...

DM

3. yeah dude hopefuly he wont snipe your @ss:confused:

4. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I am in montgomery county...

We haven't missed school, but we've been on lock down for the past few weeks now. Damn code blue... :mad:

5. thats sucky. i know i sound nerdy but i hate missing school because there is always that crazy transition when you have to catch up on everything. like i remember when i was in grade 3 or 4 and the teachers in ontario went on strike-they're still recovering from it. anyways, i relaly hope things clear up south of the border.
    -shoonk

6. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    I don't think you sound nerdy for not wanting to miss school. I feel the same way as you. That is the only way I can see all of my friends. and more importantly than that, that is the only way I can see Rebecca ;).... So school is good with me!!!

My classes aren't that hard this year anyways, so I love school. Junior year is sooooo easy. Good times :D

7. supergreg

supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    Im all for missing school but wouldnt be happy to be in your situation. :(

8. WildBill

WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    Massachusettes
    At my school I think they'd say something like "good luck" but theyd probably close down for like one day and then people would protest and then theyd shut down for a while. Usually our school doesnt really give us much protection I walked in late and grabbed my books and drove back home, noone even stopped me in the halls.
    I went home sick;)
    so did my girlfriend
    :)

9. I bet it's hard to be happy about missing school in this case.

My school was within one mile of the home depot where one of the shootings occured. School wasn't cancelled, but everything has to be inside.

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    "Well I wouldn't say I've been missing" school

An altered quote from Office Space

brad cook

11. Nick Gann

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Today there was another shooting at 6am. All roads have been closed, and every car, I mean EVERY car, on the roads are getting stopped. The beltway is totally closed down, and al major roads are at a dead standstill. Even though school hasn't been canceled, no one can get to school!! It isn't just the students... Teachers can't get out there either. So looks like no school for me today. Should I be :D or :(?

12. Intrepid

Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    Missing today too...