1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mission Engineering VM-PRO volume pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DinnerWithAGypsy, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Having done a cursory search, it seems no one's really started a conversation about Mission Engineering's new volume pedal, the VM-PRO.

Information on the pedal can be found here:
    http://missionengineering.com/?product=vm-pro

Has anyone actually used this pedal yet? I would love to hear your input if so!
    I've been wanting to purchase a volume pedal for months now, but, having done a lot of research, I'm still not sold on a particular unit. That being said, this latest offering from Mission Engineering looks really enticing.

The dual buffer gain stages seem useful/valuable, and I'm especially impressed by the ability to switch the volume pedal's input for use with either passive or active pickups. That is a huge selling point for me actually, as I regularly use both passive and active basses.

Thoughts? Comments?

2. Bump. I'm surprised no one has used or is interested in this volume pedal. :confused:

3. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Well that's a goddamn expensive volume pedal.

4. Yeah, I guess so, but the active/passive dual functionality and all the other features make up for the price tag, I think, on paper anyway. I haven't actually tried the pedal firsthand myself (yet).

A modded Thru-Tone EB VP Jr. costs $205, so I figure $189 for this new offering from Mission Engineering isn't that outlandish of a price.

5. I have been thinking more and more about a volume pedal, but I would want it at the end of my chain, not the beginning, to control the overall output volume hitting my amp, and so as not to mess with the gain going into my dirt and envelope filters. So the impedance matching for active/passive would be worthless for me. The first input on my board is already a buffer.

Still if all you used was a volume pedal, or you wanted to alter the characteristics of EF response through input volume control, or you want to clean up dirt, this pedal would suit you well when switching between active and passive basses, especially for volume-volume-tone style basses where controlling output volume on the bass is tricky during performance.