Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mitch Hedburg anyone??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, May 27, 2004.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    This guy cracks me up, anyone else dig him??

The sad part is he came to my university for a comedy tour with Gilbert Godfry, but i didn't go because i didn't know who Mitch was, about a week later i caught his Comedy Central special, and it cracked me up. Could have seen him for 15$!

Reciently i got a CD of his, absoultly hilarious, his jokes are so random and stupid you can't help but laugh.

i like the one where he says "i used to be in a death meal band, people either hated us or loved us....or they thought we were ok"

anyone else here like Mitch?

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    un freakin beleivable comedian, funny as heck. One of my favorite quotes form him is as follows: "wearing a turtle neck and a backpack is like a weak midget trying to strangle you all day long"

3. Zirc

Zirc

May 13, 2001
    Los Angeles
    CD is spectacular.

Saw him live and he wasn't funny. Nick Swardson made up for it however.

4. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    He gets my seal of approval.

5. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Mitch is great. I've got his older CD, Strategic Grill Positions, but haven't picked up his latest one yet.

6. I think he's a total riot and master of the non-sequitir.

He's hyping the whole 70's hippy vibe a tad much, but hey...

7. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    The thing i like about Mitch is that he's just a funny guy. He dosn't have to try to be funny, like lots of other comedians. Even if his jokes arn't funny the way he says them makes up for it. I like the way he talks, it's funny.

8. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    "Dude, Smokey is way more intense in person."

9. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    :D I love Mitch. I saw him in Austin before I moved to Seattle and the guy was a riot. Super friendly too. He's actually playing here in Seattle tonight but I'm leaving for a camping trip and won't be back until monday :crying: ......

If you get a chance to see him......go!

10. LarryO

LarryO

Apr 4, 2004
    The bit about putting a frog in a mayonaise jar with a stick and a leaf to re create his natural habitat had me laughing pretty hard.
    I also liked...."I used to do drugs......I still do drugs, but I used to too"

11. "I wanna be a nascar passenger. Man, you really like Tide"

12. i haven't slept for ten days because that would be too long.

13. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    "A salad is basically a sandwich, some assembly required."

14. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana. I said "no". But then I thought I might want one later, so I said "yes".

15. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I sometimes drop my own candy, so that it can reach it's maximum flavor potential.

16. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    I went to see a band in New York. The lead singer got on the microphone, and he said "How many of you people feel like human beings tonight?" Then he said "How many of you feel like animals?" And everyone cheered after the animals part. But the thing is, I cheered after the human being part because I did not know that there was a second part to the question.

17. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Whenever I have a car with XM Radio, I lock into Channel 150, Comedy XL. Mitch comes on that a lot. I'm surprised I haven't driven off the road on some of his material.

He is definitely the master of non-sequitar.

Peace,

James

18. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I try not to listen to untested comedy on the road.

Because if I find something funny, I'm likely to lose control of the car. Heck, Gard about lost it when we shared a ride up to Atlanta, and that was stuff we both knew by heart.

If I'd heard the Bill Connolly "Live Hammersmith Odeon" (dunno what album it is, it's just the name of the mp3 file I have of it), I'd killed myself and at least 6 others.

19. SoComSurfing

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Alcoholism is a disease, but it's the only disease you can get yelled at for having. (Dang) it Otto, you're an alcoholic. (Dang) it Otto, you have Lupis. One of those two doesn't sound right.

20. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    i have a few cavities, i don't like to call them cavities though, i like to call them "places to put stuff"....do you know where i can store a Pee....yes i have some locations available!