Miura Basses, anyone play one? Any feedback appreciated

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RSmith, Jan 8, 2018.

1. RSmith

RSmith Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Springfield, Missouri
    So there’s a Miura 5 for sale that I cannot try before I buy. Clips on YouTube sound great. Looks to be a high quality build.. anyone try one and can offer any observations?
    Thanks!

2. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    You should PM Gard Lewis. He used to work at Roscoe and now works at Miura. Before Roscoe he was at Bass Central.

Gard likes this.
  3. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    Haven't played one but I've played Xotic basses (I believe Miura is a venture by the former head builder at Xotic or something similar) and they were top notch instruments.

4. Slow to the table here, sorry RSmith!

Please PM me if you have any questions, and I'll do my best to answer them.

Jared Lash is correct, Hiro Miura was the founder of Xotic, and he left a couple of years ago to begin building on his own - basses, guitars, and pedals.

RSmith likes this.
  5. funkometer

funkometer Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Birmingham AL
    IMO a high quality build, feel and sound. As good or better than any of the standard jazz bass boutiques and I've personally owned all I've listed. Sadowsky NYC, Fbass, Xotic, Fclef, Nordy, Alleva Copollo. If the Miura I currently have listed here on TB had 24 frets it wouldn't be for sale.

dralionux and RSmith like this.
  6. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    Watching a video right now of Derrick Hodge playing an MB-R with Robert Gasper's trio.

What's the story with those oval Delano Xtender pickups? There's text on the Delano site about having both J and M style coils. All I know is Hodge's MB-R 5 string with a single Delano sounds really nice, very crisp but with a roundness to it. Excellent string detail, with burp when he wants it. Sadly price is far above my pay grade.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021