1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Mix and Match

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by sspear, Dec 7, 2017 at 9:17 AM.

Tags:
  1. I'm looking for a little different sound than my current Markbass 112. I was looking at Hartke but a little concerned about the TX 600. I have an avenue to get Warwick product and am considering the LWA 1000 and the 112 with Celestion speaker or getting the Hartke HyDrive HD 112. Your thoughts on Warwick and mixing brands.

2. Mixing cab brand A and head brand B is the concern?

3. Yes I am thinking that manufacturers design their heads and cabs to be used together for optimum effect although I think back to the days when I used a Demeter or Yamaha preamp with a Crown power amp and JBL cabs. Wish I still had those but probably could not lift the JBLs anymore. I should also add that I'm looking at the new Hartke kick back amps too.

4. Also players experiences with Warwick.

5. Looking is way over rated. Although I got a brand set in my first amp rig, nothing else matches and it all sounds fine.

6. DigitalMan

DigitalMan Owner of seven basses - eligible for 44 TB Clubs Supporting Member

Nov 30, 2011
    The only risk in mixing brands is aesthetics. Rational decisions around ohms and watts are required regardless of who makes the gear.

7. Right and some have complained about the Warwick only having one speaker output.

8. Get a cab with two connectors?
    Get a speaker two for one cable?

DigitalMan likes this.
  9. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

May 4, 2006
    Roselle, IL
    Yes, companies design products to sound good together. Should you worry about that? No. Just plug in what you like and see if you like the resulting tone/performance. Matching cabs and heads should not even register on your radar. Your choices would be far too limited!