1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mix feedback needed - Stoner Rock / Heavy Psychedelic Rock

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Bunglerr, Jun 24, 2018.

1. Bunglerr

Bunglerr

Mar 22, 2017
    Annapolis, MD
    Looking for some advice on this mix from my new band (Mojo Bozo's Electric Circus); our fist single off an upcoming LP. Going through some ups and downs with my personal opinion of it and currently getting a little in over my head, thus seeking some feedback. I am mixing this myself and I'm also the bass player.

No click track, no auto tune. Trying to keep it simple, real, raw.

I won't mention my concerns so you won't have any bias. Let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Mix is unmastered, no master bus limiting. P-Bass all the way though!

2. Interesting. Overall, I suppose the song could use a little more harmonic movement. It sounded like a mix between Pink Floyd's interstellar overdrive, soundgarden and the dead kennedys. Not too shabby. Nice guitar solo.

Bunglerr likes this.
  3. rufus.K

rufus.K Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    snare ... sounds like the chain is off and it's way full (limiter) ... if so, reduce the gain into the limiter/compressor so it isn't such a big thud.

4. Bunglerr

Bunglerr

Mar 22, 2017
    Annapolis, MD
    Thank you! Just the kind of feedback I'm after.

It's possible some EQ changes are making the snare compressor grab too much. Will back off tonight and see where it lands.

Much appreciated.

rufus.K likes this.
  5. rufus.K

rufus.K Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2015
    SoCal
    if you listen with headphones set low, and around your neck or inches away from your ear, perception of what's too loud or too quiet changes. this helps me discern what sounds great on my near fields but poopy elsewhere.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 11, 2021