1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mix good enough for demo?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Humblerumble, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    My newly reformed band played our first gig last week and recorded some rough clips during the gig. Do you guys think these would work ok for a demo? This was during the first set and it was an outside gig, but seemed to record decently. I couldn't hear for squat but such is life during outside gigs. I was able to fix those issues after the first set but only recorded during the first set. Mainly thinking of putting these out until we can actually get together and get to a studio for a decent demo, but I don't want to ruin potential gigs with a horrible demo either :D

Attached Files:

2. KOOSEE

KOOSEE

Jul 15, 2008
    southern CA
    sounds great to me I wouldn't pay for recording time at least right now, but yes this will do excellent until then.

nice song by the way!

3. I just listened to it through a pair of KRK studio monitors:

The kick's a bit heavy, but the overall mix is pretty good. Vocals are nice and up front, so that's a plus.

You might consider running this through a Normalizer to try and bring the volume up a bit.

While I don't think that music has to be loud to be good, I'm sure the people looking to hire your band will want to be able to hear it easily when they put it on for the 10 seconds (a great many cases) that they listen to it for.

Andrew

4. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    Thanks for the input guys. I thought the same thing about the kick too. I will try the normalize function and see what happens, I was going to post a few other clips but didn't have enough room to post more. Guess I need a premium membership :D Our singer/KB player's mother is having health issues and she lives a couple of hours away so it makes it hard trying to get into a studio right now.

5. imo you should EQ this whole clip and add some high mids and cut down a bit on the low end and also raise the volume a bit . sounds ok otherwise

6. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    Thanks again. After playing with normalizing and EQ'ing it is coming around.