Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mix 'n' match bass..

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Sir Squier, Sep 21, 2005.

1. Sir Squier

Sir Squier

Apr 29, 2005
    Hey, im sure its fairly obvious by my name, i dont know too much about basses.. Well, i own a Squier P-bass, and i was wondering, is it possible to use a different neck, such as a fender jazz? or would that just not fit, and end up wrecking everything... Another thing is, pickguards.. will fender pickguards fit on a squier bass?

2. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    Yes, everything that fits on a fender, should fit on a squier, and it just bolts on so It's not that hard, and about the pickguard, it fit's as well, because they use the same pickguards. You may also want to swap out the bridge for a BAII or something.

Swapping fender parts on a squier is possible.

Greg

3. Frugle

Frugle

Sep 4, 2005
    Atlanta GA
    Check out this BEAUTIFUL squire done up by micolao

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. justateenpoet

justateenpoet Have you...killed the Venture brothers!?!?

May 14, 2005
    Connecticut
    I forget...what's left on micolao's "Squier" that's actually stock?

On an unrelated note, looking at the word squier for about a minute makes it look and sound really goofy.

5. Frugle

Frugle

Sep 4, 2005
    Atlanta GA
    looks like just the wood and neck are stock.. the rest is aftermarket.

6. Eilif

Eilif Supporting Member

Oct 1, 2001
    Chicago
    For pickguards, most, but not necessarily all the screws will line up. You may have to drill a new hole or two, but that is no big deal.

Necks should swap right out. Warmoth, WD, Mightymite and other companies make fender replacement necks. Fender no longer makes replacement necks for sale, but you can often find MIM fender necks on ebay.

7. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    Exactly, this is my bass, the Jazz mexican neck fits perfectly the Squier P body, and the Black pickguard is an original fender...so ...this si it!! :p
    The only thing remaining from the squier is the alder body( relly looking good I have to say)