1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mixed/split Amps and cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Paka1234, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Hell to the yeah

100.0%
  2. No way Jose

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Paka1234

Paka1234

Mar 9, 2018
    wisconsin
    ok so I am curious if anyone out there mixed amps and cabs? I have a mark bass 2x10 combo with an extension mark bass 2x10 split from my pedal board to a gk 250 head and a gk 2x10. I use an mxr uni vibe and qtron envelope filter on the mark bass and big muff to the gk set up. I love the gk growl mixed with the mark bass smooth sound. Just curious if anyone else attempted this route.

2. Works for you. Won't work at the PA support level without a whole lot of cooperation from sound crew. Ask Billy Sheehan.

jazzbass_5 likes this.
  3. Paka1234

Paka1234

Mar 9, 2018
    wisconsin
    So just le
    as a band we would like to run our own sound. We plan to buy a PA system and one of the guitar players owns a recording studio so we have a lot of good gear. But that is a good point I never thought of. Hopefully we can get around that.

4. jazzbass_5

jazzbass_5

Sep 1, 2007
    NY, Albion
    Sorta, I split the SVP-CL and the SVP-PRO, top 4 speakers are the growling SVP-PRO, bottom 4 are the clean thumping SVP-CL.
    20180317_161136.jpg

5. Paka1234

Paka1234

Mar 9, 2018
    wisconsin
    Does the split make a difference in your sound at shows?

6. jazzbass_5

jazzbass_5

Sep 1, 2007
    NY, Albion
    You know, I don't think so. I have a couple different rigs I run and quite honestly the bass is always deep enough in the mix that when the band plays you can't tell. Unless you actually have a signature sound (Billy Sheehan) or your playing a signature bassline, it isn't noticable. The bands I'm in are classic rock cover bands so as long as I have a decent ampeg sound (with my Deluxe P bass) all is well. It's just me having fun with my equipment.

7. When I am doing the heavily effected thing I do it on the effects, running a highpass and recombining with the lowpass before any DI or amp.