Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

mixer drains cell phone battery

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by frankosaurus, Jun 30, 2003.

1. frankosaurus

frankosaurus

Feb 27, 2002
    San Jose
    I had a weird experience at band practice the other day. I put my cell phone down on top a mixer that we were using for the vocal mics. After about and hour and a half, my phone beeped and shut itself off because there was no battery power left.

I had charged my phone the entire previous night, and it had full battery power when practice started. Usually I can leave it on for days at a time.

Could there have been something in the mixer that caused the phone's battery to be drained? I initially suspected magnets, but I'm not sure.

--frank

2. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Is it a dual- or tri-band phone? It may have lost the digital signal, stepped down into analog, and drained quickly.

3. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    This was my first guess to.

4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i had a similar experiance...at a gig i left my phone at the sound board and when i got it back it was dead

5. frankosaurus

frankosaurus

Feb 27, 2002
    San Jose
    it's dual. though I didn't think I was out of range of the digital signal. I guess I'll try a little experiment at my next band practice.