Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mixer to computer

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by PollyBass, Nov 27, 2002.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Alrighty. i want to make me home computer a decent recording rig. i got 256 meg of ram, 1.8 P4, 60gig hard drive. (I grew up with computers, so no need for explaining ALOT) I want to know the BEST way to hook up a mixer to my sound card,,,,well,,, fixing to be sound card. it's intergrated stuff right now, i also have N-Track and Pro Tools LE. What the best (not so expensve) sound card i could get for recording? i want to run a mixer to the sound card, to the computer program.

2. If you look at the 0 latency for a PC thread down just a little there has been some talks about soundcards there. I have been struggling with being able to record bass while listening to a part that has already been recorded. Then haveing them line up at the end. Hopefully you wont have those problems. I havent really gotten an answer to how to solve it yet.

3. number three

number three

Aug 29, 2002
    I've been having the same problem. Trying to hear a recorded part while hearing the DI'd bass I'm playing at the same time. I thought I could do it through my mixer but I can't seem to get both parts out of the headphones without re-recordingthe same part or not hearing my bass. ( my girlfriend solves this problem by putting headphones over one ear and using speakers for the other. ) But dammit, their has got to be a better way. Without having to pay for new stuff that is.

4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    You need a soundcard with ASIO 2.0 drivers, those offer Zero Latency Monitoring.

The Midiman/M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496 offers great sound and functionality for less than 200$.
    Hoontech and Terratec offer similar cards. Stay away from Creative Labs.