Mixer to computer

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by PollyBass, Nov 27, 2002.

1. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Alrighty. i want to make me home computer a decent recording rig. i got 256 meg of ram, 1.8 P4, 60gig hard drive. (I grew up with computers, so no need for explaining ALOT) I want to know the BEST way to hook up a mixer to my sound card,,,,well,,, fixing to be sound card. it's intergrated stuff right now, i also have N-Track and Pro Tools LE. What the best (not so expensve) sound card i could get for recording? i want to run a mixer to the sound card, to the computer program.
  2. If you look at the 0 latency for a PC thread down just a little there has been some talks about soundcards there. I have been struggling with being able to record bass while listening to a part that has already been recorded. Then haveing them line up at the end. Hopefully you wont have those problems. I havent really gotten an answer to how to solve it yet.
  3. number three

number three

Aug 29, 2002
    I've been having the same problem. Trying to hear a recorded part while hearing the DI'd bass I'm playing at the same time. I thought I could do it through my mixer but I can't seem to get both parts out of the headphones without re-recordingthe same part or not hearing my bass. ( my girlfriend solves this problem by putting headphones over one ear and using speakers for the other. ) But dammit, their has got to be a better way. Without having to pay for new stuff that is.
  4. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    You need a soundcard with ASIO 2.0 drivers, those offer Zero Latency Monitoring.

The Midiman/M-Audio Delta Audiophile 2496 offers great sound and functionality for less than 200$.
    Hoontech and Terratec offer similar cards. Stay away from Creative Labs.