Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

mixing eub with a standard bow

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by funktastic, Sep 23, 2005.

1. funktastic

funktastic

Mar 16, 2005
    Do you think that using a standard upright bow would work the same on an electric upright as it would on a standard? thanks.

2. Johnny L

Johnny L

Feb 14, 2002
    Victoria, TX
    Yeah it should work like a champ. Of course mojo factor and differences between bows will still be a factor in your overall bowed sound...but those are things that impact acoustic bass playing too, so I personally consider it all moot.

Jam on :bassist:

3. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    I think it would depend on the EUB and setup, etc. On my Alter Ego, since it's set up like a real bass, my regular bow works just fine. If the string lenght was really short, the string angle across the bridge bridge really flat (like most EUBs), string height really low, etc., the choice of bow might be different.

4. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I would think so. Is there such a beast as an EUB bow? I've never heard of one.

When I saw Peter Mayer last year, brother Jim was bowing his Eminence (another EUB set up to better emulate a conventional DB). He was using a common variety bass bow, French in flavor.