1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Mixing ohm loads? (LH1000 content)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by autodidact, Dec 16, 2011.

1. autodidact

autodidact

Mar 13, 2011
    Lancaster, PA
    Just out of curiosity,
    Since the Hartke LH1000 has two seperate power sections with individual inputs for both would it be possible to run a 4ohm load off one side and an 8ohm off the other?

I have an 8ohm 1x15 I never use and I was wondering if I could run it on "power section B" while "power section A" ran my 2 4x10s

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    You *could*, but it would seem pointless, since the 15 in no way would be able to compete with 8 10's.

3. GrowlerBox

GrowlerBox

Feb 10, 2010
    Nude Zealand
    No reason why you couldn't. I'm not sure what you'd gain from it -- for the 115 to make any difference, you'll have to be running the 2 x 410s at such low volume, that I suspect you'll lose volume overall.

That's my theory, anyhow. Let us know how it works out!

4. will33

will33

May 22, 2006
    austin,tx
    Yes you can although the 15 would add virtually nothing to your overall output. Run it over to your drummer so he can use it as his own personal bass monitor. You can contol it's volume separately from your 810 stack from your amp.

5. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yes, that's fine. Just remember that turning up Channel B, to try to hear the 115 over the two 410's, means you will probably blow out the 115 in no time.

6. autodidact

autodidact

Mar 13, 2011
    Lancaster, PA
    I don't really plan on doing this, just so everyone knows...I was just curious. Thanks though haha

7. locisbrelm

locisbrelm

Nov 6, 2009
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Bass
    You can do it 100% also with the LH 1000 theres a balance knob so you can even out the volume between the two cabs. Thats one thing I love about the LH1000.