Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Mixing ohms in stereo? ( A=8 B=4 )

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DopplerShift, Mar 14, 2006.

1. DopplerShift

DopplerShift

Apr 19, 2005
    Chicago Area
    I just bought an Eden WT-600 cheap!!!

1 dollar : 1 watt!!

I have a question about it though. It has two channels at 300 watts at 4 ohms. I have 2 avatars 115 kappa 4ohms and 210 neo 8ohms. Is it safe to use these cabs in each separate channel? Can I use the bi-amp feature or should they be run at full range?

If this Is a problem, I can replace my Kappa 15LF with an 8ohm 300 watt speaker from my BXR 300C combo (unless the tweeter impedence factors in). Thanks for the advice.

2. The WT600 will drive different loads on each channel, as long as you don't go below 4 ohms on either channel.

Most Eden users run full-range, but you can try to bi-amp and see how you like it. How well bi-amping works depends on the frequency response of the drivers.

3. DopplerShift

DopplerShift

Apr 19, 2005
    Chicago Area
    How 'bout this...

For smaller gigs, perhaps I could run it bridged 600watts into 8ohms to the neo 210. Severely underpowered by my BXR 300 head the cab sounds blah by itself, but maybe it would sound a lot better with a higher rated head??!!

4. Bridged into the 8 ohm 2x10" is fine. I had some trouble creasing the cones in my old D210XLT doing that, so be careful.

5. DopplerShift

DopplerShift

Apr 19, 2005
    Chicago Area
    What does creasing the cones mean?

My 210 cab is rated at 600 watts, this should be able to handle it right?